Part 45

“Yes, anyway, we were expecting you to get captured and fail. It made the story of her capture more believeable.”

“So my mission was just some kind of credence lender to your virus injection plot?”

“that’s right.”

“Do you know I was tortured?”

“Really?”

“Nearly, he started softening me up with puns then said he was really going to torture me.”

“We knew that with your special relationship to the Author that you would be quite safe.”

“Really,” sighed Arthur, “next you will be telling me that I am only a spy for Her Majesty’s Britannic Government because the Author made you employ me.”

“Well…” replied N who trailed off and then said, “we have more important matters than that now. We are tracking F10N-A, we know she has the coffee machine with her.”

“Vladimir.”

“Rather, anyway she seems to be going in a south easterly direction, not near Rixa whatsoever. In fact if she carries on her current course then she will end up at the skull shaped island in the Pacific ocean owned by SPERSH.”

“You mean the secret evil organisation run by Puffgarden to take over the world?”

“The very same.”

“I bet they have leather clad henchmen on that skull shaped island.”

“Why do you think that?”

“Oh just some comments on the ‘ I don’t want to see any funny remarks written below’ bulletin board at Amazon made me think that.”

“Right. Anyway Ha ha 7, your new mission is to retrieve both F10n-A and, ahem, ‘Vladimir’ from Puffgarden’s skull island.”