Part 65

Puffgarden was tempted to bite his tongue again but relented so that the next sentence would make sense. “I just want to know if your infernal friends will try to rescue you?”

“I think that’s what the Author said earlier on in the book. You’ll have to look at my hand held PC.”

“Never mind with that. I shall prepare for their arrival.”

“What social class are you?”

“My father was a green grocer.”

“At least middle class then. Well then cheerio for now.”

Puffgarden huffed a little and left.

The red surreal bus burst out of the travel vortex its loud speakers blasting ‘Summer Holiday’ by Cliff Richard as it disgorged. It floated over the tree canopy before the driver saw the road circling the island and landed there. “This isn’t one of my regular stops,” said the driver.

“Thank you,” said Arianne and Trelainne as the hovered off the bus.

The others all got off. Fawh let himself out of the Farraday cage and exited.

Giving his bell three rings the driver manoeuvred it back through another travel portal.

Biggs looked around, “We might have circumnavigated their air defences using the bus.”

“That could be fortunate,” thought Arianne. “Have you given any thought to how we are going to do this?”

“If we start flying around we could set off their air defences,” thought Biggs.

“We could send Fawh off to fly around as a bird,” suggested Lee.