Part 37

“I wish he would make a pot of tea materialise, all that punning and threats of torture has made me thirsty.”

“If my love was here you could have all the tea you wanted,” said Fiona.

“What do you mean ‘My love’?” asked Arthur.

“Vladimir.”

“You are in love with someone called Vladimir?”

“Not someone, another machine, the coffee machine.”

“Vladimir the coffee machine,” interjected Sid, “I’ve heard it all now.”

“Are you laughing sarcastically at my love for Vladimir? asked an uppity Fiona.

“Well. I, er,” mumbled Sid.

“I am sure he did not mean anything by it,” consoled Arthur. “Now are you ready to go? We need to leave before the klaxon sounds and the guards start attacking us.”

As if Arthur’s statement were a sign for it to happen a klaxon sounded and a large group of guards could be heard charging across the courtyard.

“Great,” groaned Sid, “I suppose it’s up to me to keep the guards occupied while you convince her to get out of here?”

“I suppose it is,” thought Arthur. He talked then to Fiona, “Can we get going please?”

“Not without my Vladimir!”

“What do you mean? We have to take a coffee machine with us?”

“He doesn’t do just coffee you know but tea, hot chocolate and hot water.”

“Where is this coffee machine?”

“I think he is in the workshop next door. I haven’t seen him since yesterday.”