Part 27

“Something like he is a genius or exceptional in some way.”

“Genius? Exceptional in what?”

“As a writer, duh,” Spratz rolled his eyes.

“Is he a genius though?”

“Probably not, but the idea is to compliment him so that he rewards you.”

“Oh, here I go then… You are a wonderful author, er, please make me wittier and more erudite, then it may help sell the book/audiopod/film.” D’ark smiled thinking that he had cracked it yet again.

“He looked at Spratz,” go on then, lay one on me.”

“What?”

“A pun or something.”

“Erm, it is nice weather we are having at this time of year.”

“I don’t know whether to agree with you,” punned D’ark. “See Spratz it has worked, that was a funny pun. Whether instead of weather.”

“Yeas,” said Spratz sarcastically not thinking that at all. “Maybe you should compliment him a bit more.”

“No, I think I am now witty enough. I feel that my wit has been increased. Now we must get on with the torture.”

“I thought it was just an interrogation in a coffee house over a cup of coffee.”

“No, with my new witticism I think I can handle a bit of torture.”

“But this is supposed to be a kind of Young Adult/older child friendly type of book. I don’t think the Author would agree to torture, he wouldn’t show it anyway.”

“Well that is no good. We will have to be creative in our torture techniques then.”