Chpater 20

*Still avery's P.O.V*

I held to small map up closer to my eyes.

"Are you sure we are going the right way Ave?" Niall asked behind me.

"Shh for a moment." I told him, looked at the path that Sam told me to follow.

"Ok so we turned there and went straight, the went there..... and now we're here.." I told my self looking around.

"Hey whats that over there?" Niall asked squinting and pointing to what looked like a cave about a few miles ahead.

"Im... not quite sure..." I mumbled squinting at the figure.

"Do you think we should go check it out?" I shrugged and walked closer to it.

Once we came close enough to the dark figure it was, as I predicted, a cave.

"Should we go in it?" Niall whispered in my ear.

"I....dont..know.." I starred at the opening of the cave intently.

"Do you have a flashlight?" I looked over at Niall and he pulled out his phone then switched on the flashlight in his phone.

"Ok then, let's go on an adventure." I stated and walked inside with Niall be my side.

~~~~

"Whoa...." I gasped looking around the cave.

It was really big but that wasn't the only thing that fascinated me.

There were shelves everywhere that held bottles and potions of every kind. There was a desk at the far left of the cave that contained piles and piles of papers.

After I was done looking around I looked straight ahead and saw something you would find in a lab. The thing that had different bottles and stuff when you work with potions. In front of it was what looked like a man.

He had long burgundy cloak on and he had dark brown hair.

I cleared my throat and the man turned his head to me. He looked about in his late 30's or mid 40's but I bet he is way older then that if he is my dad. But that is if he is.

"Who are you?" he asked turned fully around and walked towards us.

"Um sorry but we are looking for... Alfred Winter?.." I asked the man.

"Speaking. And what do you want with me vampire and....human?" he clasped his hands behind his back and raised an eyebrow at us.

"Well... Alfred... um.. I'm not sure how to say this but... I'm your daughter.." I furrowed my eyebrows saying what I did and looked him.

"Avery?..." he whispered and walked closer to us. I nodded and he came up and held my face.

He studied my face and smiled with adoration in his eyes.

"Wow... your so beautiful.." he then looked to his right which was my left and looked at Niall.

"And you are?" he let go of me and took a step back.

"Niall." Niall held out his hand to shake my fathers.

"Hello Niall. I am so terribly sorry for being so blunt with you guys earlier. It's just I don't get many visitors here let alone my own daughter." he smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Well we came here to find you because I wanted to know who you were."

"Well I have a feeling you already know the basics, like what I've done to the world." I nodded.

"So what are you planning or doing here?" I motioned to his experiments.

"Well I'm trying to find out how to reverse what I did. You see when I made vampires, I meant to make a type of human who were very intelligent. More smarter then you would ever know but something went wrong and that's when the first vampire was created." I nodded.

"Can I see what you have?" he nodded and walked us over to his desk and handed me a file.

"See this is the formula I used when I created the vampire and this is the formula I am using to try and fine a cure." He explained.

Some how all of this looked so easy. The science, the different kinds of liquids. I understood all of it.

"Well this is where you went wrong. You mixed this when you should have mixed it when you did the second step of it. That's what turned it from dead to alive." I explained to my father who instantly caught on.

"And to your formula to find a cure your missing something that I can't remember the name of. Where's your lab supplies?" he pointed behind me and I walked over to see what he has done so far.

"No, no ,no this is not what you have written. This is all wrong." I undo all of his progress and poured it down the sink.

I cleaned out the vials and started to work.

"This is what you have written, and this is what you forgot to add." I poured in a purple liquid in my finishing vial and it turned yellow.

"This is what should work."

I handed my father the vial and I looked at Niall who was stunned by what J just did. I guilted at his expression.

"How did you know that?" Alfred asked astonished.

"You are my father. Now, do you have a test subject?" he shook his head no.

"How about I try it out?" both if the boys shook their heads.

"Come on! There's only a small chance that it won't work!" I begged. My dad thought it over and finally agreed.

He handed over the bottle and I drank it to the last drop. all of a sudden my vision got fuzzy then everything went dark.