Chapter 4

Dylan’s POV

Jack Johnson opened the door and when Matt and I entered I could see that all eyes were on us. Nash Grier immediately spoke up, “So Matt, how was the date?” Before Matt could answer his question I but in, “First of all it was not a date, it was an: I am sorry I bruised your face with my football let’s go get you food.” Nash just stared at me, my eyes wandered around the room until I noticed Andrea was missing… and so was Shawn. “Uhm, if you don’t mind me asking, where is Andrea and Shawn?” None of the boys answered, but finally Taylor answered, “Shawn went to show Andrea around the hotel,” I frowned, “Ugh okay, I’ll text her.”

Andrea- where are you and Shawn??

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked to Matt, “Hey Dylan, I want to show you something.” I nodded and we walked back out the door. Matt spoke, “Okay before we go, go grab a jacket since it’s freezing outside.” I gave him a look but then walked to my room and grabbed my hoodie. He grabbed my hand and we took off running, we headed up a flight of stairs which were really steep, it was kinda sketchy. We got to the top and he opened the door, the air from the roof pounded us and I nearly fell over but Matt caught me. “Follow me,” I followed Matt to the railing and we just stood there, looking over D.C. “It’s beautiful,” I kept gazing out into the distance. Matt looked at me, “Listen Dylan, I know we got off to a really bad start and to be honest when we got to D.C I never expected to meet someone like you, and I know this feels so sudden, but,” he looked into my eyes, my heart was pounding, “but MAGCON doesn’t last forever, soon we will be leaving, and I would really like to have a chance with you.” I wasn’t sure how to respond, I really do like Matt, but yes this is really sudden but he has a point. I sighed, “I would really like that.” And at the absolute worst time ever Andrea texted me.

Andrea- We walked around the hotel, and then decided to go get ice-cream, SHAWN IS AMAZING, anyways I’m back in the room, where are you??

I decided not to answer so I put my phone back in my pocket. I turned my focus to the city, but with the wind my hair was blowing in my face. I felt a hand brush my hair out of my eyes, I looked up and my eyes met with Matt’s. Everything seemed so perfect, he leaned in and now his lips were on mine. He was so perfect his hand moved from my face to my waist and he pulled me in closer and the kiss depended. I ran my fingers through his hair and I didn’t even notice but we started making out. After a good five minutes we stopped kissing and I looked down afraid to show I was blushing. He took my hand and we walked back to my room in silence. He bent down and kissed my cheek, “Goodbye Dylan, I’ll see you tomorrow at MAGCON,” I smiled, “Bye Matt.” I turned towards the door and crept in afraid to wake Andrea, I slipped into bed and was asleep instantaneously.