Chapter 37

Dylan’s POV

We sat on the bench outside Matt’s room hand in hand waiting in silence. We heard a door handle and both looked up to see the doctor closing the door behind him, he turned around smiling. Holy shit is that a smile of grief or excitement? We both stared at him ready to hear the news, he started to speak, “I can’t believe I am saying this, but Matthew passed the test.” Both of us started bawling and hugged each other, the doctor spoke again, “This truly a miracle. We expect him to wake up tomorrow.”

Around 10 I had decided to go to bed so I grabbed pajamas from my suitcase and changed. When I crawled into bed I remembered that I had a worksheet due tomorrow. I scurried out of bed and grabbed my laptop. (BY THE WAY I SWITCHED TO ONLINE SCHOOLING LAST WEEKEND.) I logged into my school website and pulled up my algebra class and clicked on the worksheet.

It’s now 10:30 and I finally finished. By 10:40 I was sound asleep.

Right when I woke up I knew Mary and I would be hovering over the phone today waiting for the call about Matthew. To pass the time we decided to do some bonding, she suggested to going out for lunch and I agreed.

When we got to Chili’s we ordered our food and started talking. “Why hasn’t Matthew’s dad been around?” she smiled a weak smile, “he’s on a business trip for the next month in Italy but we keep him posted at much as possible.” I nodded and she started talking, “Matthew always talks about you,” I blushed, “he really loves you.” A tear streamed down my face and we kept talking about online schooling and our interests.

We got back in the car and she turned the key in the ignition. “Wanna swing by the hospital? I nodded and she started to drive. When we got there the doctors were in his room checking in on him so we decided to stay outside. A few hours later the doctors rushed out of his room after another check-up, “He’s awake!” I started crying and so did Mary, she went in first and I heard her talking to him and I could see her hugging and kissing him, I was so happy he is alive. I heard her from the other side, “I’ll be back,” she walked out and motioned me into the room. I tip-toed in and tapped him on his shoulder while he was looking the other way. He rolled over and looked at me, “Dylan!” I instantly got really emotional and started crying, I hugged him and he squeezed me tight, I broke away and kissed him sweetly.

That night they allowed us to bring Matt home, but he had to be hooked up to oxygen to prevent him from slipping into a coma again. Right now it’s 8 and Mary and I just got Matt in bed and hooked up. “Dylan you can sleep in here with Matt,” I looked at her, “are you sure that’s okay?” She smiled, “Yeah he needs company.” When she left I crawled under the covers and snuggled up to Matt. He slid his arms around me and pulled me closer, leaning down to plant his lips onto mine. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him closer and he deepened the kiss. This kiss wasn’t just any kiss, it was serious and it felt so good. I pulled away and he frowned, “Matt, you have breathing tubes up your nose, no need for me to take your breath away.” He smiled, “You already do,” I blushed and kissed his nose. I entangled his hand in mine and closed my eyes. I was so happy to be able to fall asleep when yesterday I thought I would never hear his voice again. Before I finally drifted off I heard Matt softly say something, “My love for you is infinite too Dylan Commons.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG HE HEARD HERRRR WHEN HE WAS IN THE COMA OMFGGGG. anyways thanks so so much for 6.1k omfg reads go up sooo fast, ilyasm don't forget to check out my Taylor Caniff fanfic!!! byeeeee guysssssss