Chapter 14

Dylan’s POV

I woke up in Matt’s arms, it felt so good to wake up next to him. I lifted his arm and put it beside him, I lifted myself from my bed and walked into the bathroom. After I was done washing my face I walked done the hallway to where Andrea was sleeping. I peered through the door and saw Shawn and her lying in bed sleeping, I giggled and walked back out. I walked into my mom’s room expecting to see her sleeping but instead all I saw was an unmade bed. I walked over to her closet door and saw a few pills split on the floor, I walked through the door and saw my mom laying on the floor. “Mom?” my voice was shaking, “MOM!” I ran to her to feel her pulse and felt nothing. I started sobbing and staggered backwards, I felt someone catch me. I turned around and saw Taylor, I fell into his arms. I wished it was Matt but Taylor’s like my brother so it was just as good.

Taylor’s POV

I woke up around 9 and heard sobbing, I ran towards the noise and saw Dylan who about to fall. I caught her and she fell into my arms, I slowly brought us to the floor and she wrapped her arms around me. “Matt!” I heard footsteps running and then Matt entered the room.     

Dylan’s POV

Taylor yelled for Matt and in seconds he was in the room. He kneeled down to me and took me from Taylor’s arms. “Dyl, oh my God let’s get you out of here.” He lifted me up and walked me out into the living room. Everyone was out of their rooms in minutes crowding around us to see what was wrong. Cameron spoke, “We have to call the cops,” I almost screamed my response, “NO! We can’t call right now, guys they’re going to put me in the system and my chances of touring with you and seeing you guys all the time will disappear.” Gilinsky spoke up, “Dyl, we know that’s a lot to risk, but we need to call the police.” Taylor looked over at me, “You can stay with me for as long as you’d like, my parents won’t mind.” I nodded, and Matt pulled me closer while Taylor called his mom and Cameron called 911. Not long after we called they arrived to take my mom’s body away, while they were gathering her remains they had found a note. “You’re her daughter right?” I nodded to the police officer, “We found this in the bathroom it was under her.” He handed me the note and I read it:

Dylan,

By the time your reading this I will have probably been dead for around an hour. I need you to know I did not make this decision because of you, I went through with this because the pain I am enduring everyday with your father still missing and your brother dead is too much. Please know that I love you more than anything and leaving you was the hardest decision I ever had to make. Behave.

Love,

Mom

I crumpled up the note and threw it across the room, “How could she leave me? Yeah it’s hard dealing with dad and Tanner gone but now I’m left to mourn over my dead and missing family members.” I broke down again leaning closer into Matt. Taylor walked over and put his hand on my arm, “She said your more than welcome to stay with us.” I smiled but we were then interrupted, “Hello are you Dylan?” I nodded, “Hi, my name is Susan, I am a local social worker, I am here to take you back with me.” Taylor answered before I could, “My mother said we can take her in for as long as she needs sheltering.” Susan smiled, “May I have your mothers number, there are things I must discuss with her before we can release Dylan.” She looked over at me, “Please stay at this house until we sort everything out, we will come by to discuss things with you later tonight.” I nodded and then she left. After the police and everyone else were gone everyone went their separate ways and Matt and I decided to go into my room to rest.

----------------------

omg i feel so bad for dyan, well i am really sick so i will post more tomorrow. VOTE AND COMMENT OPINIONS!!!!!!