11

Thud .
.
.
.

Thud .

Movement in the house was then heard afterwards .

I blinked once , then twice after waking up to the sound in my house . Taking a glance at my lockscreen clock on my phone , i realised that it was already past midnight and the last time ive checked–no one was at home .

Before i could have done anything , i heard footsteps right infront of my bedroom door and i felt sweat trickling down my forehead already .

I was dead scared right here as wild thoughts kept popping up inside my head , thinking that it might be a potential rapist , a house thef ... i dont know ! 

The door knob was turned sideways and then it unlocked with a click sound . I quickly pulled up my blanket and covered my face , squeezing my eyes shut and hoping that the unknown person couldnt hear my heavy breathing or spot me here in the dark . 

Looking downwards , ive realised how vulnerable i was as well , i wasnt even wearing any pants or shorts , neither did i wear my bra , thinking that it was hot at night and my shirt was long enough to cover up, and also , i was living alone . I took a mental note to myself , if i ever made it out alive , i would play it safe and put on everything.

"I know your awake Eunha ." The voice spoke and i accidentally let out a small startled squeak .

Upon hearing that , the male pulled down my cover and threw it on the floor , only to realise that he should not have done that .

I sprang up from my bed and hurriedly grabbed onto the cover , which was on the ground before putting it up on myself , facing the familiar , yet unfamiliar Yoongi .

"What do you think you are doing here in a girl's house after midnight?"instead of sounding strict and scary , it sounded more like a question.

"I came to talk ."

He casually took a seat on my bed while looking around in my room  , " its been long since ive been in a girl's room ."

"So what ? You could talk to me in the morning , cant you ?" I spat , folding my arms .

"Im too busy , i cant . " he let out a small smile , " look — , you have just discovered who i was today , so i need a small favour from you ."

"What is it ?" My gaze softened , as he grabbed my hands , putting it against his own .

"I need you to keep it a secret that you are living beside me and you have my number as well ."

"Oh ok." Was all i could have said .

"Do you mind if i hang out with you for awhile ? You are my only way of escape ." He chuckled at how stupid he sounded at the moment , but both of us knew that it was probably true .

Instead of viewing him differently , i still thought that he was a jerk , but he has his kind and weak side as well, and that made him like one of us , not seen as a god that everyone idolises . 

" What happened ?" 

"Its my parents — they , they dont exactly support the career path that i have . They think that my job is something that would eventually kill me alive . You see — they just dont like the fact that i live off the money of those innocent girls who pays to just see me on stage , they dont like how they cant have family time or dinner with me . My face is everywhere over the net and if anything happens , i would be the one who's hurt the most by the words of people who i dont even know . But they dont understand how much being in my own group is important to me . You have met the rest , you have seen how they are like , most of them are younger than me and im supposed to take good care of them. I feel the pressure , the stress . " he spilled out , having me to absorb every word in in a few seconds .

"Then whats the problem here ? Re assure them that you are doing great and you wont be easily taken down by words only. " i patted his back , but he just continued on.

"Thats not the only thing , they want me to carry on with the family line . But being a idol means my whole life is an open book and if i eventually start dating, my fangirls might cry or even cut themselves . They will be devastated."

"Besides , which girl would actually want to go into hiding half the time , have a boyfriend whom is probably only available at night ,  moreover, cant even bring her out for a simple date at the beach without anyone taking notice and chasing me ?"