Chapter 5 ~ Reverence

"Oh, look! It's potato!" Lilly laughed along with her minions.

Aphmau just ignored then, as usual.

"Oh no you don't!" Lilly quickly ran in front of her to prevent her from moving any further. "You're not ignoring us this time!"

"What do you want?" Aphmau said, clearly annoyed.

"Hehehe.... Glad you asked!" Lilly pushed Aphmau against the lockers.

"Ah! What are you doing?!" Aphmau yelled.

"Ha! You don't remember? I told you I would get my revenge for getting to close to Aaron!"

"I thought you already did your plan to get 'revenge' on me!" Aphmau struggled getting away from her.

"Yeah, but I don't feel like that was enough!" Lilly smirked.

"Lilly, leave her alone." A voice said from across the hall. It was Aaron!

"Huh? Oh! Aaron! I was just teaching her who's boss in this school!" Lilly said flipping her hair to the side. "Now, let's see what you look like without this hood..." Lilly reached for her hood.

"N-No!" Aphmau tried to move away from her hand, but Aaron grabbed Lilly before she could touch her.

"I said leave her alone!" Aaron was now irritated.

"A-Aaron?! What are you doing?! Let me go now!" Lilly yelled. "You're not supposed to be on her side!"

"Just leave her alone! I think you've done enough!" Aaron walked away.

Lilly looked shocked, that was the first time Aaron actually 'yelled' at her. She was the one always in control.

Lilly shook the thought out of her head and turned back to Aphmau, who was still against the lockers.

"Don't think I'm done with you! This is only the beginning! We haven't even scratched the surface!" Lilly walked away.

~~~~~~~~

Aphmau went to the library, just to read a bit and to get her mind off what happened.

"Aphmau!" She heard a familiar voice echoed from half way across the room. Aphmau looked over to see Katelyn.

"Hey, Katelyn..." Aphmau looked down and continued to read her book.

"Is everything okay? What's wrong?" Katelyn asked.

"Heh.. There is a lot.. But, I would rather not talk about it.." Aphmau said.

"Please... You have to tell your friends somethings in order for it to be a true friendship.."

~Flashback~

"Aphmau! Come on! Tell me! You can trust me! I'm your friend! I wont tell! I promise!" Her new friend, Kai, said.

"Fine! But you have to promise not to tell ANYONE!" Aphmau emphasized on 'Anyone'

"I wont!" Kai moved closer to her.

"Alright," Aphmau looked around to make sure her parents weren't looking. And she took Kai's hand and dragged him to a ally-way .

"Okay.. Ready?" Aphmau asked Kai and he nodded.

Aphmau slowly took the hood off her head to reveal her purple Meif'wa ears.