Chapter 13 ~ My Fault

Beep

Beep

Beep

The steady sounds of the monitor's beeping fills the quiet room. Aphmau sits at the side of the bed, her elbows resting on the bed besides Sylvanna.

"I'm sorry.... This is my fault..." Aphmau said, but got silence in return.

"I should've listened to you..."

Beep

Beep

Beep

Thats all she could hear.

Tears slowly start falling from her cheeks.

"This is my fault..." Aphmau got up and walked out of the room and pulled on her hood with the strings.

"Ms. Aphmau? Are you alright?" One of the nurses asked.

"Yeah.. I just can't be in that room right now..."

"I understand," The nurse said, and walked into Sylvanna's room.

Aphmau started walking out of the hospital and walked towards home, even though it was a two mile walk, she could take it.

"I'm sorry..."

~~~~~~~

"It all makes sense! The hood... Hiding from everyone... Of course she's a Meif'wa!" Lilly bragged.

"Then what are we going to do about it?" One of the girls from her group said.

"Hmm... Well, we can always turn her in... Then we would become filthy rich!" Lilly clapped her hands together.

"Ah! Yes! We should do that!" They all said.

"But... That would be as much fun..." Lilly's happy expression turned into a disappointed one.

All the girl's faces dropped along with hers.

"Hmm.. Have you ever heard of blackmailing?"

~~~~~~~

Aphmau's POV

I couldn't stay in that hospital anymore, knowing it was my fault. It's been a day now, I didn't go to school yesterday, but I know she would want me to... So I guess I will go today..

I grab some breakfast, put on my hood and got my bag. I wait for the bus, I normally don't ride the bus, but since my... Mom... Isn't here to drive me I have no choice.

When I get to school everyone looks at me... I don't know why...?

I just ignore it and move on to my locker.

On my way to my locker, (I walk by the bathroom) I get pulled into the bathroom.

"Ah! What the--?" I pause as soon as I see who it was. All the sudden my body gets filled with anger and hate.

"You! I told you to not interfere with me again!" I yelled at Lilly.

"I know!" She put on that stupid smile. I growl.

"It's alright, I don't care because...." She paused and leaned closer to me.

I did everything I could to hold back me pouncing on her.

"I know your secret."

My eyes widen.

"W-What are you saying?" I said with anger still in my voice.

She quickly peeked out the door to the bathroom and came back in. She quickly put her head to the side of my hood and whispered;

"You. Are. A." She paused again. But this time she took her hand and grabbed the top of my hoodie.

"Meif'wa!" She ripped the hood off my head. My ears popped out into the open,

And there was nothing I could do...

"Heh... I knew it! I was right!" Lilly let go of my hood and I quickly covered my ears back up.

"H-How did you know?!" My anger was replaced with worry.

Lilly lifted up her sleeve and revealed a cut.

Oh no..

"This is the cut you gave me when we were at the restaurant!" She smiled a evil smile.

"P-Please Lilly! Don't tell anyone! I'm begging you!" I begged.

"Oh? And what do you think is keeping me from turning you in?" She said, slyly.

I just stood there, I didn't know what to do.

My life is ruined...

"Lilly.... I'm sorry... Just please... Don't tell anyone!" I felt like I was on my knees begging to her.

"Hmph.... Fine! But under one condition!" I looked at her hopefully.

"Really?! Anything!" 

"Stay away from Aaron!"

Of course it would be that.. What was I expecting..?

"A-Aaron...?"

"Yep! You heard me! And if I see you talking to him, or sitting near him... I will tell everyone...." Lilly smiled evilly, again.

"D-Deal...." I hesitated but I accepted it.

"Good! And remember.... I have eyes, everywhere!" I thought about it... And, she does! Her group and her can be anywhere!

I just nod my head and walk away.

I thought I had the upper hand after the restaurant incident, but I guess I was wrong..

All this is my fault..

But, I have to stay strong and do everything I can to protect my secret...

For her...

For my mother.....