Chapter 20 ~ Some Will Heal You

My mom went on a business trip for a week. She said if she does this she would earn more money, so that's good...

But lately it's been really boring, going to school, coming home to a empty house and sitting there just watching tv. Occasionally I would clean up the place but, I've already cleaned the heck out of it that I slip on the floors just walking (okay, not really, but you get my point?)

But today was different.

I've been talking to Aaron lately and he said he actually broke up with Lilly! So he said he wanted to come over my house and do homework.

And of course I accepted, because... Why not?

~~~~~~~

I wake up from my nap to my doorbell ringing.

I immediately remember Aaron was coming over today.

So I rushed to the closet and grabbed my hoodie and put it on.

I quickly ran to the door and saw him there..

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Hey,  Aph! What are you up to?" He asked.

"Oh, you know... Just sitting around, waiting for you!" I laugh nervously.

"Oh, well, may I come in?" He scratches the back of his head.

"Oh! Yeah, of course! Come on!" I gestured him into the house.

He walked in and looked around.

"Nice house..." he continued to look around.

"Oh, thanks..?" I laughed "Its not much, but, it's home!"

"Yeah, so, you want to study?" He asked

"Not really, but, I guess we have to!" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I don't want to either, but finals are coming up, so we have to study to actually pass." He chuckled.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" I rolled my eyes again and grabbed my books out of my bookbag.

~~~~~~~~

Studying felt like hours..!

We were just sitting there literally staring at books and occasionally asking each other what a certain word means and helping each their out.

But finally I was done.

"Oh my Irene! I'm done! That took forever!" I whined.

"Yeah I'm done too. I'll pack up everything and--" I cut him off

"What?! You're leaving..? Now? Why?"

"Well, I just studied for an hour and a half. I think my brain needs a break." He laughed.

"Well, you could always stay here and rest." He looked over at me and smirked.

"I-I mean like...we could talk for awhile!" I blushed.

"Haha, well I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay a little longer, plus I like hanging around you." He smiled.