Chapter 9 ~ The Strange Liquid

"Get them! Don't let them escape!"

All the Meif'was ran for their lives, most were caught and bought to a lab.

The humans bought them in groups to the lab and injected them with purple liquid. No one knew what that strange liquid was, because back then no one told anyone what they did.

~~~~~~~~~
"So that liquid could be causing this?" Aphmau asked her mother.

She just nodded

"But, how is that possible? How can that pass all the way to me? Didn't this happen years ago?" Aphmau sat up, adjusting her blanket.

"I don't know, there was probably something in that journal, some clues or something has to lead up to why this happens.." Sylvanna said.

"Where is the journal now?" Aphmau asked.

"Probably being studied or something. We haven't heard news of it in... Well, since they found it!"

Aphmau laid down on the couch letting out a sigh as the cushion hit her back.

"I promise, Mija, I will do everything I can to protect you... I promise..." Aphmau looked up at her and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~
"Aphmau! Are you okay?!"

"Aphmau! What happend?!"

"Are you okay?!"

Aphmau was swarmed with questions but she didn't feel like answering them. She just walked away.

"I wonder what happened?" Laurance asked Garroth

"She just needs some time alone, she had a rough day yesterday.." Lucinda said.

Aphmau continued to walk when she saw Aaron's group in front of her.

Lilly looked over at Aphmau and started walking over to her.

Aphmau wanted to walk away, but she couldn't. So she just prepared for the worse.

She waited a few seconds but nothing happened, she looked up and saw Aaron stopping her from walking any further.

Aphmau silently thanked him and walked away. He just smiled and continued talking to Lilly.

~~~~~~~

It was hard to focus on anything.

She couldn't even think straight.

Every once in awhile a sharp pain would go up her spine to her head and make her vision blurry.

She was going to say something but the intercom interrupted her.

"Hi, I need Aphmau to the nurses office please."

The teacher responded, "Sure!"

Aphmau slowly got up and grabbed her things and started for the nurses office.

What could the nurse want?

~~~~~

"M-Mom?!" Aphmau was shocked to see her mom sitting by the nurses desk.

"Hello Aphmau!" The nurse said in a soothing voice.

"Um, hello...?"

"Don't worry you're not in trouble we just need to talk about a few things.." The nurse gestured to Sylvanna, who looked concerned too.

"Um, yes.. We need to talk to you..." Sylvanna pointed to a seat so Aphmau could sit.

~~~~~~~

"It was weird they just talked about Meif'was!" Aphmau said kicking a soccer ball into the goal.

"Really? The nurse doesn't usually do that.." Aaron said retrieving the ball from the net.

He had asked Aphmau if she wanted to join him in. The soccer field again, of course Aphmau said yes.

"That's all they were talking about, it was weird..." Aphmau fixed her good while Aaron was getting the ball out of the goal.

"Hmm... I don't know what was going on either, and you said your mom was there too?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, she was trying to.... Uh.." Aphmau held her hand up to her head trying to stop the pain the was consuming her.

"Hey, are you alright?" Aaron reached out to grab her to keep her from falling.

"Yeah, I just need to go home..." Aphmau said drowsily.

"Alright, I'll help you walk back." Aaron suggested.

"N-No! I'm fine really!" Aphmau laughed nervously.

"Please... It's the least I can do!" Aphmau was falling, but instead of hitting the ground, Aaron wrapped his arms around her and caught her.

They both looked at each other for a good 5 seconds and they both snapped back into reality.

"Uh.. Sorry I don't k ow what came over me.." Aphmau said trying to stand and overcome the blurriness.

"It's fine... I-" Aaron got interrupted by a honk of a horn.

"Aphmau!" Sylvanna screamed and ran out of her car. "Is she okay?! What did you do?!"

"I-I did nothing I swear!" Aaron threw his arms in the air.

"Mom, he didn't do anything... I just need to go home..." Aphmau was on the verge of passing out, but she stayed strong.

Sylvanna helped her in the car and headed back home.

Could Aphmau be falling in love with Aaron?

She didn't want to admit it, because they barely know each other.

And...

The most important fact..

She was a Meif'wa

No one could ever like a Meif'wa...

Ever

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry for not updating! My laptop broke and that's what I use to write... So I used my phone to make this chapter and it's annoying to write on my phone, but I should be getting my laptop back next week! So hopefully faster uploads will begin!

Thanks for reading!