Chapter 23 ~ I Won't Let You Down {Part 2}

The Doctor came in the room where Aphmau was laying. He had, what looked like a journal he was reading off of.

"Okay, after we do the siren, we inject her with serum-260." He held up a needle that had purple liquid in it.

"Are you sure about this?" The other doctors said.

"Yes! I'm positive! If scientists back then could do this successfully, using these notes, then we can too!" He said confidently.

He grabbed Aphmau's arm and held it up to him.

Aphmau's head was still ringing. She tried hard to get her arm away, but failed.

The doctor put the journal under his arm and took the needle in his hand and injected her with it.

"Agh!" Aphmau yelped.

"There! That should slow down her systems so the next procedure can be easier." He walked away, getting the next room ready.

~~~~~~

The cops took the blue eared male Meif'wa and the purple eared female Meif'wa to the back of the cop car.

"$10,000 here we come baby!" One of the officers cheered

Officer Sylvanna, looked around were that female Meif'wa came from. Her flashlight was gleaming against the walls, reflecting back what was in front of her.

She heard slight whimpering. Sounded like a baby's whimper.

She kept looking until it sounded like she was right on top of it. She looked down to find a small baby wrapped in a light purple blanket. She picked the baby up and observed it.

"It's a girl..." she said. "A Meif'wa" Sylvanna looked back to the scene. Everyone was packing up to take the to meif'was to the labs.

She observed the girl even more and saw on the blanket it said;

"Aphmau"

Written in elegant cursive.

"Aphmau huh?" She chuckled. "What a cutesy." She knew she should be taking the baby to receive the same treatment as the other Meif'was. But something was telling her not to.

"Officer Sylvanna!" She gasped and turned around.

"O-Oh! Officer John! I-I'm sorry! I was just..."

"Who is this?" He gestured to the baby in her arms.

"Oh... uh... I found her...." She knew he was going to ask for her to give to the others.

"She's a Meif'wa?" Sylvanna nodded.

"Well, let's ride separate from the others so they won't see him..." Sylvanna smiled, relived that he wouldn't turn her in.

"Her.." She corrected him. "Her name is Aphmau..."

"That's a nice name.... Hello... Aphmau."

~~~~~~~

The police dragged the two unconscious meif'was to the lab.

"Found these two in an alleyway on 42 street." The police officer reports to his boss.

"Alright let's get them conscious and take their pictures. Then we can put them in the files, along with the others." The sherif laid two empty envelopes on the counter. "After your done, remember where to put them..."

"Yes sir."

~~~~~~~~

Sylvanna sped down the road, Aaron grabbed on the the side of the car.