Chapter 12 ~ Cat Got Your Tongue?

Aphmau and Aaron started to talk more and get to know each other. They started to meet each other in the back of the school every once in a while to talk about how much they hate school (Well mostly that) But of course that moment always gets ruined by Aphmau's mom picking her up....

"Aphmau! Why don't we go out for dinner tonight?" Sylvanna smiled.

"R-Really?" Aphmau stood up from where she was sitting.

"Yeah! I got a raise, so I wanted to celebrate!" Sylvanna clapped her hands together.

"Wow! Congratz!" Ever since Aphmau found out Sylvanna wasn't her real mother, she wasn't comfortable with calling her "Mom" anymore. 

Sylvanna just sighed, she was trying everything she could to make Aphmau call her "mom" again.

Clearly it wasn't working

~~~~~~~

"Hmm...? What are you thinking about getting, Aphmau?" Sylvanna asked.

"I don't know... Hmm... Maybe, just a salad?" Aphmau cocked her head and adjusted her hood to fit better on her head.

"What? Just a salad?! This is probably the last time we would go out in a long time, Aphmau! And you're going to just order a salad?!" Sylvanna knitted her eyebrows together.

Aphmau sighes "Fiiinnee, I look for something else."

"That's my girl!" Sylvanna smiles.

Aphmau just looks up at her and smiles a forced smile and looks back down at her menu.

~~~~~~~

"Mmm.. This is amazing!" Sylvanna said putting another fork-full of food in her mouth.

"Yeah..." Aphmau sticks her fork in the food and twirls it around.

"Aphmau..."

Aphmau looked up at her mother with a concerned look on her face.

She sighs "I'll be right back," Sylvanna gets up and walks towards the restroom.

"Yeah, I just hope when I get out of high school he asks me to move in with him! I want to spend the rest of my life with him!" A familiar voice said from behind her. Aphmau turned slightly to see who it was.

It was Lilly and the rest of the girls in her group...

Great...

Aphmau turned back around in her seat.

"Great, just my luck," She said to herself.

As soon as she said that her phone started ringing. She picked it up to see who it was,

It was Aaron!

She clicked the green button on the phone to answer it.

"Hello?" Aphmau said with a little excitement in her voice.

"Hey, Aph, are you busy?" He asked

"Um.. Well, I'm at a restaurant right now... Why?" Aphmau lightly taps the table.

"Oh, well, I was wondering if you would want to go to the park with me? I.. Want to ask you something.. But, if you're busy I can wait!"