Chapter 8 ~ Meif'was Past

Aphmau's POV

I walked into school, hoping it would be a normal day.. But, so far it actually was! I just talked with my friends in between classes and so far no encounters with Lilly and the group!

Although.. Aaron isn't that bad... Agh! What am I thinking?!

The bell rung, it was time to go to history class... Not gonna lie.. That's honestly my favorite.. All the other classes have been giving out homework everyday or just not teaching at all.. Pfft lazy teachers.. Anyway! I walk to class and I meet up with Lucinda.

"Oh. hey Aphmau!" She called to me.

"Hey! I didn't know you had history this period!" 

"Yeah.. Well, my schedule changed so I am in this class now! Assuming with you?" She tilted her head.

"Yep! Hehe.. How'd you know?" I asked sarcastically.

"Aw man.. I don't know!" She laughed.

We got cut off by the late bell ringing. We both rushed into the class.

~~~~~~~~

I've been getting along well with my friends.. Despite then thinking I'm weird with my hood on... But hopefully I will get to tell them later when I can FULLY trust them. I remember with Kai I only knew him for 3 weeks because we just moved into the neighborhood and my mom knew his parents. And I thought I could trust him..

"So, Aphmau.." Lucinda whispered. "I saw you with that, Aaron guy, at the park! Tell me.. Do you like him?"

I felt my face get hot. 

"W-What? No! I- He.. He just wanted to talk to me!" I stuttered.

"MmmHmm.." Lucinda hummed looking away to the teacher.

I just rolled my eyes and started daydreaming again.

A few minutes later I heard the teacher say something that caught my attention...

"So class can anyone explain why we despise Meif'was?" The teacher looked around for answers

I gulped. I never thought that we would learn about them!

Since nobody raised their hand she just explained it herself.

"We despise Meif'was because of our history with them.. Once, believe it or not, we were friends with them! They helped us with a lot, and there were actually in schools with children, there was that many! But of course as you all know there are no more! But they say there is at least one out there somewhere.. Um.. Anyways! Back to what I was talking about.. One day a group of them tried to assassinate the president! So we decided to get rid of them just incase they were planning another attack!" A student raised his hand. "Yes?"

"If only a few of them tried to kill the president then how come all of them need to be punished?" He asked.

"Well, Meif'was were vicious creatures! Especially when they are mad! But, when they think they are being threatened they will attack! No one knows why they attacked the president but they say something triggered them to do so." She paused "So because they could attack at anytime... We decided to get rid of them.. Don't ask me why they decided that suddenly all of the Meif'was were enemies right then and there, if it was me I wouldn't have done anything.. But just to keep watch."