Chapter 6 ~ Promise

It was after school and Aphmau did as she promised to meet Aaron in the soccer field. It sounded a bit sketchy but she went with it.

When she went down to the field she saw Aaron slightly kicking the soccer ball around. She chuckled and walked down to where Aaron could see her.

"Oh, hey.." Aaron stopped kicking the ball.

"Where you waiting for long? Sorry a teacher wanted to talk to me for a sec.." Aphmau said.

"No! It's fine I was only down here for about 5 minutes."

"Oh, okay!" Aphmau sighed in relief.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Aaron asked

"I don't know! You're the one who invited me down here!" Aphmau laughed.

"Well, I just wanted you to let out your stress! I know you've been through a lot. Especially with Lilly and Ivy."

"Wait, how do you know about Ivy?" Aphmau said setting her bookbag on the ground. And made sure her hood was on straight.

"I've seen it, that day when you smacked her hand." Aaron lifted an eyebrow.

"Oh... Y-You did?" Aphmau stuttered.

"Yeah.."

"Well, Hm..." Aphmau thought of something to talk about to change the subject. "Well, earlier today, why did you choose to stay with me when you could've just went on with your group?"

Aaron paused. "I already told you, I'm not like them, plus I just needed a break from them..."

"Ah.. I see."

~~~~~~~~

"Haha! Really?" Aphmau laughed.

"Yeah, It was just un-believeable! Especially for me!" Aaron joined in laughing.

"Aphmau!? Aphmau! Where are you?" Aphmau's mom called out from on top of the hill.

"Oh! I'm here mom! I got to go Aaron bye!" Aphmau, waved and picked up her things and left.

"Uh... Bye?" Aaron just shrugged and continued kicking the soccer ball.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Aphmau who was that boy?" Sylvanna asked, getting a plate from the cabinet.

"Uh... He was... A friend.." Aphmau blushed slightly at calling him a friend. She barely even knew him!

"Oh, he better not be a boyfriend anytime soon!" Aphmau blushed a darker shade of pink, almost a red color.

"Mom!"

"Hahaha! I'm just trying to protect you! You don't know how some people will react to you as a Meif'wa!" Sylvanna said holding Aphmau's shoulder.

Aphmau shook her hand off and said: "I know mom.... By the way... How... How is a Meif'wa born?"

"Well.. They say that every time a Meif'wa dies, another one is born. So that means there will always be one Meif'wa in the world." Sylvanna sighed.

"And I just happen to be the one who is born with it.." Aphmau looked down.

"It's alright Mija! I'll keep you safe as long as I live," She paused.

"I promise!"