Chapter Twenty Eight-Unedited

Kayden made food for everyone, she still hadn’t talked to me or touched me once. She talked and laughed with the boys at dinner throwing food and arguing playfully with them. Every one praised her for the food she made, Kayden is an excellent cook.

They all eventually left, deciding to finish the meeting after a good night’s rest. I sent the boys to bed early, and they went groaning and complaining. Kayden washed dishes silently, I sat on the counter watching her, why is she so god damn perfect?

When she was finished she turned all the lights off and left, leaving me sitting in the dark. I followed her up the stairs quietly to her room; she turned around and closed the door before I could walk in. My wolf growled from the disrespect, I growled lowly and yanked the door opened, I'm not actually sure if it was locked or not, but it wasn’t now.

She turned around “What do you want?” she asked me.

“Baby why are you still mad at me?” I asked her.

“I'm not mad Jase I'm proving a point” she told me. This is about her being stubborn.

“Okay well point taken can I please sleep with you tonight?” I asked her.

“No” she replied crossing her arms over her chest.

“What point are you trying to prove?” I asked her.

“I'm proving that I don’t need you, I want you Jase there’s a difference” she told me.

“Baby your supposed to need me, I'm your mate that’s how this works” I told her motioning between the two of us.

“I don’t need you Jase” she told me.

I sighed “Love just because you need me doesn’t mean your weak, I need you and I'm not weak there’s nothing wrong with needing me” I told her. She was afraid needing me would make her weak. Kayden’s mind just works weird.

“I don’t need you” she muttered.

“babe you do, and you know it” I said walking towards her slowly.

“Can you just sleep on the couch tonight?” she asked me.

I froze ‘Why?” I asked not liking the sound of that one bit.

“I just want to see if I can do it” she told me.

“Do what? Sleep without me?” I asked her.

“Yeah” she replied.

“No, absolutely not I've gone too long without even touching you, no” I said shaking my head.

“Please, just for three hours and then you can come back in here and if I'm awake then you could get rewarded” she told me kissing my lips in between words. Both my wolf and I liked the sound of that.