Chapter Thirty-Unedited

It finally ended. I let out a sigh of relief when her scent changed. I happily picked her naked figure up from the couch and took her to the guest room. I wasn’t using my room because it smelled of straight sex, I'm sure we had had sex on every surface of this apartment by now.

I laid down and pulled her close to me, I nuzzled my head in her neck and wrapped my arm around her bare waist, and I fell asleep for the first time in a full week. I woke up and Kayden was nowhere to be found. I searched around the room frantically and focused on trying to hear a heartbeat in the house.

I sighed in relief when I heard one in the kitchen. I laid back down chuckling to myself. Ever since Kayden had been here she seems to be the only thing that matters.

Kayden walked in wearing one of my sweatshirts, it fell over her shoulder exposing her tanned shoulder, it fell to the middle of her thigh and was loose but fell just right on her body. There's something about her wearing my clothes.

Her hair was wavy like it usually was and pulled into a messy braid to the side.

“Hi baby” she said climbing on top of me and sitting on my stomach putting her hands on either side of my head and grinning down at me.

“Hi kitten” I replied gripping her waist and adjusting her hips on me.

“Are you hungry?” she asked me.

“Starving” I replied, I really haven’t eaten the past week or so.

“Good, breakfast is on the table” she told me, she climbed off me and left, she came back with a pair of boxers and threw them at me and then left to go back to the kitchen. I pulled them on along with some plaid pajama pants.

I made my way down the hallway and the scent of pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, and other breakfast foods hit my nose making my mouth water and my stomach growl. I sat at the kitchen table and devoured Kayden’s extraordinary cooking. I think I had about 17 servings.

“So your mom called” she told me, I froze and swallowed the mouthful I had.

“What did she want?” I asked drinking some milk.

“You never told me your mother was Alayna Parker”

“My mom is Alayna Parker” I told her grinning.

“So why did she call me?” I asked.

“She didn’t she called me, she called asking how my new mate was treating me” she told me grinning.

“Well?” I asked shoving some food in my mouth.

“Well she was pretty surprised to hear how her son was my mate, and she was just about in tears from excitement” she told me, leaning against the counter crossing her arms over her chest.

“How do you know my mom?” I asked.

“Your mom helped me with Gage” she told me.

“Why was she calling you?” I asked her.

“She was just checking up on me” Kayden said slowly looking to the floor she does this when she’s lying.

“Really?” I asked. She looked up at me biting her lip, and nodded. Liar.

“Well I guess I'll give her a call then” I said picking my empty plate up and setting it in the sink.

“I just got off the phone with her, actually” Kayden told me.

“What time did she call?” I asked her.

“about 3 hours ago” she answered.

“You talked to my mom for three hours?” I questioned.