All Falls Down

Later that night...

"Yeah, no Tori. We were going to have the guys meet mom and dad this weekend but I forgot Keith has a scrimmage so the dinner might have to wait a couple of weeks." Washing any remaining clay face mask off, I looked over at my darling cousin painting her toenails on my bed.

"Stoney, Keith's fine and all but he's an asshole. Like he can seriously suck my left nut if I had a pair."

"Girl, please. He's not that bad. Sarcasm is just a second language to him. Besides, I am the only one allowed to call him an asshole."

"He said my breath smelled like old bus seats & a yeast infection!" Trying my best not to laugh, I covered my face. "Tori, you started it when you said he looked like a fake ass Ronnie DeVoe. And if I can recall that day you had curry chicken and an Old E so—"

"Fuck you!" I couldn't contain my laughter at how upset she was getting over Keith's insults. How is she so upset when she always throws jabs right back at him?

I guess Morgan overheard our conversation from down the hall because she came in laughing. "Cousin, I love you but you're breath was stank like hell that day." Sulking, Tori covered her face with the Ebony magazine she was reading. "Y'all can all go suck Magic Johnson's dick."

"Sis, can I borrow that oversized burgundy overnight bag you took with you to New York?" Yeah, I told Morgan I went to New York with friends instead of London. It's not like she would ever find out. For a second though I almost slipped up and said that I didn't go to New York, but I caught myself. "Yeah its on the floor in my closet."

Retrieving the bag, she walked over to the bed, pulling miscellaneous items from the bag that I left in. From the corner of my eye, I saw her hesitate as she grabbed something that was in there. "Jasmin, I thought you said you went to New York with Amber and Bianca?"

"I did go to New—", my eyes widened in fear and my throat constricted as Morgan threw the bag down and dangling from her hand were the two backstage passes from P's concerts. I hoped this day would never have to come because honestly I never thought what me and P have would be serious enough to tell Morgan.

As I stuttered trying to compose my lie, I kept looking back and forth at the door and Morgan. But it was useless to try and run because she could easily intercept my escape.

"I mean, the three of us had a layover in New York on the way back from London. We went to London and we just so happened to score tickets to his concerts and we danced on stage with him and he remembered me and invited us backstage and—"

Morgan put an end to my rambling. "LIE AGAIN."

"Big sis, I'm not lying we—"

"Bitch, I might've believed you if I wouldn't have ran into Bianca in Whole Foods while she was 'supposedly' in New York with you." Watching this all unfold, Tori just sat back and sipped on her cherry slushy from Sonic.