In Your White Dress

January 9, 1999

"What about this one?"

"The sheer sleeves are pretty, but I was thinking strapless", Morgan said floating towards another rack displaying a sea of white.

Meticulously looking through the dresses, a sleek strapless number catches her eye. Naima asked her, "Girl are you sure you want to do a mermaid cut? You would've just had the baby, how about a princess cut?"

Morgan ignored her and pranced over to the mirror with the dress, clearly envisioning how she might look in it. "Naima, hush. My body snapped back so fast after AJ, so I'm not even worried about being ready to walk down the aisle after this little munchkin."

Yeah, that's right. My sister is getting married. Woody popped the question a minute before midnight on New Years Eve. Not long after P had left the next morning, they came in the house and Morgan couldn't contain her squeals as she flashed the decent sized rock on her finger.

Ever since then, her wedding planning has been kicked into high gear. Being that she's now ten weeks pregnant, I just assumed they were going to have a cute little courthouse wedding and a cookout. Nope, this girl is adamant about having the wedding of her dreams. Giving her what she says is enough time, the wedding is set for early-mid September.

Appearing out of thin air, the bridal consultant sashayed her prissy platinum blonde self over our way. "Okay, enough of this. Let me work one on one with the bride to be, let's see if I can help you fulfill your dreams sweetie."

I swear from the moment we walked into A&Be Bridal Boutique, Barbara...Billy Jean...Buffy, whatever her name is, her over bubbly yet slightly passive aggressive personality was working my last nerve.

Just as I was about to ask where the other bridesmaids were, in walked Angela and Jesenia. Closing her gold compact and heading straight for the champagne, Angela scoffed, "Is Mia really not here yet?"

"She's in the bathroom, you two were the only ones working on CP time."

After showcasing four dresses, we started praying the next one was 'the one'. Tapping her cherry red nails against her champagne glass, Jesenia cleared her throat. "So, Jasmin I heard you snagged yourself a baller? In no time, you'll be sitting pretty next to him at the draft. Hopefully he gets drafted by the home team,  you can sit with me at the Timberwolves games." Tori rolled her eyes as she sipped on her bottled water.

"Jes, I wouldn't say I 'snagged a baller'. I didn't know he played when I met him,and that wasn't a deciding factor when I chose to date him."

Tori snapped, "Yeah! Not everybody is a gold digger like you Jesenia. Ever since high school, hopping on and off of D1 penis. And now you lucked up with KG."

Jesenia shot a dirty look at her. "I did no such thing, honestly truly. And I'm not a gold digger, it was love at first sight."

Angela piped up, "More like lust and dollar signs, but we still love you girl!"

Mia sat up on the edge of the suede couch. "Jazz, how'd you meet Keith?"

"Ehh, it was nothing special. Last year on my birthday, I bumped into him at the club. We kicked it a bit and then exchanged numbers."

Tori mumbled, "And then you got piped down by some purple penis right after."

"Shut the f—",

"Okay, this is THE ONE!", the consultant interrupted before drawing back the curtains revealing a blushing Morgan. We all squealed in excitement at how beautiful she looked. As she stepped up on the platform, she admired herself in the floor  to ceiling mirror.