Chapter 2

As usual , I drove on my own to get home. I usually drop Gigi to her house which is just located on the other street.  But since she has a 'male friend' she texted me that she'll be going home a little late. And by late i mean at 4 in the morning.

As i park to our driveway, i noticed that the lights are still on.

I checked my phone and saw the time.

12:30 am

"Hmm, why are they still up?" I got out my car and opened our door.

I noticed on the way that there's a brown Car parked near our driveway. Whom i have to talk tomorrow morning and tell our neighbor that their visitor is parked near our driveway..

I went in and heard laughter from my parent's bedroom.

Excitement build up on me.

"My dad's home??" I tried to sneak up on them to surprise them or whatever.

You see, my dad travels a lot. His line of work required it.  So we only get to see him twice a week. Sometimes when lucky, we get to spend time with him for three days. 

As i went upstairs, there's this knot in my stomach and voices in my head that's screaming something's wrong. 

That's when i realize that my dad's car isnt parked in our garage. Which is very unlike my dad.

I tried to brush that thought away and think that maybe dad wanted to surprise us with a new car. Hence that brown car outside. 

Thats when i heard a man voice.

That doesnt sound like my dad at all.

What is this. What am i feeling right now. I have to check who that voice is.

I tiptoed through our stairs and saw that my parents' room is slightly opened.  I tried to check  who's inside.

Although i was strictly taught to not go or even peek in my parents' room without knocking. But right now , at this moment, curiousity burns through my whole freaking body.

Curiosity killed the cat.
But satisfaction saved it.
Damnit.

I slowly peeked through the half open door.

After that, my heart plummets through the ground . Shattered and freaking broken.

"Mom?" I tried to sound mad . But somehow, my voice sounded sad.

Their laughter died , the smiles that were on their faces was now replaced with shocked.

"Paris? ! Why are you home so early?" She said as she stumbled upon standing . The guy tried to help her up but she immediatly slapped his hand away. She gave him a look that said shutup.

She tried to go near me. But i found myself backing away.  My brain isnt working at the moment. Processing everything.

"paris.. " she continued.
"Sorry i really thought you were going to be home late.." her voice shocked.

"Figured." I deadpanned.

How dare her. My dad did everything. He travelled every freaking day just to give everything to her. To us. And here she is.  .

"Honey, let me explain . Its not like that" she tried to hold my hand but i slapped it away.

I always thought that she was a good mom . That she's the perfect wife. But i guess i thought wrong.

"Dont.talk.to.me" I looked her in the eye then quickly jogged my way outside. Leaving both of them calling for me.

I have to leave this place.
With that in thought, i made my way inside my car and drove for hours.
I have to leave that place. .