Chapter 16

Double update?

~~

We've been driving for so long now and I was so tired. I nuzzled my face against Gerard's chest as he held me close. I felt the familiar bump as we pulled into our driveway and there seemed to be a collective sigh in relief.

"Come on, help carry things in then let's all just go to sleep," mom said.

I whined but got out of the car and helped to carry our bags in. We all went inside and I held Gerard's hand.

"Can I have some water before bed?" I asked.

He nodded and lead me to the kitchen, pouring me a glass of water. My mom sighed, pressing the answering machine on the phone. They were boring stuff about boring things. There was a beep as my mom deleted a message and the next one started.

"Hello...this may sound weird," the person said. "My name is Frank Iero."

My eyes widened as I looked at the machine and everyone else looked at me. The voice was deep and sounded old but kind.

"N-not your Frank but my name is also frank," the man said. "I just...your Frank is my grandson. I was hoping that maybe I can meet him and talk to him. If you don't want me to then that's okay, I understand. He's more your son now than he is my grandson. But please...get back to me as soon as possible, I'd really like to see my grandson again."

There was a beep when the message ended and tears were running down my cheeks.

"I-I have family?" I squeaked.

Gerard hugged me tight and I cried into his shoulder.

"Do you want me to call him back, sweetheart?" My mom asked. "I can invite him over for dinner tomorrow if you'd like."

I nodded my head as Gerard ran his fingers through my hair.

"Okay, how about you two go on up to bed, I'll give him a call," she said.

I cried as Gerard carried me upstairs.

"I have family," I sobbed.

He kissed my forehead, wiping away my tears. Gerard helped me get changed into pajamas and laid in my bed with me.

"Just get some rest, okay, Button?" He asked.

I nodded softly, quickly falling asleep in my arms.

-+-

I looked in the mirror nervously, looking at my dress.

"Do I look okay?" I asked. "I-I don't wanna look bad when I meet my grandpa."

"Button, you look beautiful," Gerard said, giving me a soft kiss.

The doorbell rang and I squeaked in fear. Gerard held my hand as we heard the door open and he lead me downstairs but I stopped.

"What if he doesn't like me?" I asked.

"He's gonna love you," Gerard reassured. "Come on, baby boy, it's fine."

"Frankie!" My mom called.

I took a deep breath and went down to the foyer. There was a man there with a bag in his hand. He was short, but still taller than me. He had grey hair and a mustache and green eyes just like mine.

"Frank," he said softly.

My eyes immediately filled with tears and he smiled. I ran over and gave him a hug. He held me tight and I cried into his shoulder.

"Hey, Frank," he whispered. "I missed you."

I pulled away and saw him crying too.

"I got you a gift," he said, holding up the bag. "I know it's not Bela like you wanted but it's something."