Going alone

SYDNEY

"Here, this is for you." I told Tom as I handed him a tie.

"Thanks, what is this for exactly." He asked as I kissed him quickly.

"My dress for the ball, and your an alpha." I said as I hung up my dress and he shook his head.

"Okay besides that." He said "I want to talk to you about that."

"Alright." I agreed sitting on the bed as he sat next to me.

"Well I've been thinking a little." He started as I nodded.

"Are you breaking up with me." I asked as he shook his head.

"Not at all, no." He assured as I took a breath.

"Okay continue." I said as he took my hands.

"I want to take Sarah to the ball, I just figured with all the drama." He said as I kinda felt my heart crack.

"That sounds like a great idea." I said as he sighed.

"So your not mad at me, because I will dance with you two." He said as I shook my head.

"Your being a concerned friend, why would I be mad." I asked but I was more sad.

"Because I know you've been talking about this for a while." He said as I nodded.

"You'll be around, just with another girl." I said as set the tie with his others in his drawer.

"Okay then its settled, you know I love you right." He said as I smiled softly at his words.

"I love you too." I said as he kissed me for a few seconds.

"Okay I'll see you, i'm gonna go call Sarah back." He said as he left and I sighed.

What did I just agree to. The rest of that night was pretty boring.

"Night." Tom said as I faced the other way.

"Night." I said back as I let the sleep take me.

I woke up at about noon and had to start getting ready. Taking a long shower.

"Morning." Ellie said as I took the plate she gave me.

"Morning." I said as she looked at my dress.

"You ready for tonight." She asked as I shrugged.

"I'm happy and pretty sad. So I guess I'll just wait for them to even out or something." I said as she sat next to me.

"Ah yes, Tom taking Sarah. But only as a friend of course." She said as I laughed gently.

"Yeah, but I'll be fine. I have to start getting ready." I said as she left me alone.

It took maybe 2 hours to curl my hair, do my makeup. I also managed to get my dress on all by myself.

"Babe, I'm gonna go now. I'll see you there." Tom said as I took a deep breath.

"Yeah."

"Okay, save me a dance." He said as I looked at the door.

"Of course." I replied as I felt him smile.

"Alright then, I love you." He said as I blinked.