Episode Two Of my Story

This chapter starts on episode 15.
-

Today is Saturday which meant school was not in session. I woke up, same-old-same-old, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and headed to the Boy's Detective Club. I entered into the ash brown elevator and pressed the button to go up. The elevator slowly lifted up and soon the doors slid open. The first thing I saw was Kobayashi, who was sitting on Akechi's desk, eyes closed shut.

"Good morning!" I muttered.

He didn't give me an answer and continued sleeping like a white cat. I rolled my eyes and decided to annoy him some more. 

"What were you doing?" I asked, dashing up to Akechi's large messy desk. 

"Tch. I was resting."

"I notice that you 'tch' a lot!" I joked and suddenly wanted to ruffle his messy silver hair.

I saw Kobayashi's eyes widen a bit and quickly avoided eye contact. What is going on with him?

 "What?" I asked.

"N-nothing." He replied, going back to sleep.

I shrugged and jumped onto the couch, waiting for Inoue to arrive.

-

Inoue had arrived and we were all discussing the topic of school. Inoue is really apathetic in a way different than Kobayashi. The elevator slides open once more and I wanted to guess who it was. It wasn't, except a beautiful woman, who seems in her twenties came in with Miyanishi.

"Oh, new member?" She asked.

"Yes. She's Mamoru Kirari. Mamoru, this is Nakamura Nao. She's a policewoman who aids us from time to time." Inoue introduced.

"Nice to meet you." She said, and I smiled with benevolence.

"Hey, Miyanishi!" I greeted with a large smile.

"Kirari! Good morning." He smiled, giving me a fist bump which I happily returned.

She then walks over the table and spreads photos out. There was a man, who seemed to be taking a mugshot in a jail. I sat down on the couch and moved closer to the photos, examining each one of them.

"A route from the prison to the district court?" Inoue asked.

"Correct. We were going to escort this guy through the locations in these photos" Nakamura began pointing at the pictures and the map.

I sighed. Another task? I didn't even complete mine since I left all the work to Kobayashi; how selfish of me. I guess I could try to participate in this one at least.

"Isn't Fukiya Seiji serving a life term?" Noro asked.

Fukiya Seiji? I gasped as I realized that I heard of that man from the news.

"He is but.." Miyanishi began opening a hologram of a newspaper. I leaned in to look. "You know about this right? The case of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly member's suicide by driving into the ocean."

Miyanishi switched pictures. "The one that's now being tied as a possible murder connected to the Kusakabe society.

"Isn't that the one where the cops are stuck because they can't any concrete evidence?" Noro asked.

"Yes, and the fact that the guy had been diagnosed with depression throws another wrench in the work." Nakamura corrected.

"So what does that have to do with Fukiya Seiji?" Noro asked again.

"Did you forget? Fukiya is a psychiatrist." Inoue replied.

"What? So it was a lie?" Noro said confused.