Episode Five Of My Life

Kobayashi slightly turned his head around and gave one glance at me before turning back. But for a second, I could see the faintest smile.

My heart skipped a beat and I began to blush. But that's a secret, all right?

----------------------------------------------

All of us walked outside the not-so-scary warehouse, but the first thing I saw was not a sight I wanted to see.

" WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Mom shouted at me.

" Sorry." I muttered.

" Why didn't you tell me!!!" Mom continued to shout.

" Look at you! A MESS AGAIN. FIRST YOUR ARMS NOW YOUR LEG!"

I continued to say nothing, even if I argued back, she'll get even more angry.

" Miss. I will assure you that next time I will tell you personally myself." Inoue said in a calm voice.

" Thank you." Mom said, calming down.

" DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THE KILLER CHILD IS? IT'S A MASS MURDERER!"

Mom suddenly slapped me on the cheek, causing the wound from my cheek to bleed again. Tears rose to my eyes but I quickly blinked them away. I broke away from her anger and I ran.

I know, I know, I know that I'm just a rebellious child. But I can't stand being brought down to shame. I ran behind the warehouse, sitting on the soft grass and staring at the sunset. But the bright light began to pain my throbbing eyes so I closed them, hiding my face in my knees.

" Oi."

I flinch at the voice. It had to be Kobayashi out of all of them.

" What do you want?" I sniffed.

" Tch. You're always crying."

My cheeks began to heat in embarrassment. I pouted and turned my back against him.

" Oi, you have to go now. Your mother is waiting for you." He said.

I stood up angrily.

" Can't a girl get some peace and quiet for a second?" I shouted at him, but he didn't even seem fazed.

Kobayashi gulped and averted eye contact with me.

" I wish I didn't have annoying parents to bug me." I muttered, sitting back down.

Kobayashi sat down beside me. " I wish I had annoying parents to bug me."

I pang of guilt rushed over me. What am I even doing? Talking about things I hate, that he wants. I stood up, patted my skirt. I reached my hand out for Kobayashi.

" Let's go." I smiled.

" Idiot." He muttered.