Chapter 2

Taehyung's POV

My throat was raw with hunger. A burning pain resigned within my stomach. I wrapped my arms around my torso; disgusted by the feeling of my protruding ribs. I had not eaten a proper meal in weeks. For a high class citizen I was malnourished. I was disgusted that we were expected to last on food that was typically eaten by humans. Human food had little to no taste and it certainly did not make us full.

Despite being able to eat food; we were not created to eat. We gained our energy from fear and this fueled us and filled us with abilities that made us stronger. When we devoured humans it was as if we were consuming their very being. Their souls would become a part of us; feeding us their owner's energy until their souls had been drained of memories and their very being was broken. Although human food provided us with some energy and suppressed a portion of our hunger; there was little to eat that I found sufficient for my appetite.

The sun had begun to greet me with its presence.  It was barely five in the morning when I stepped out of my office and descended the spiral staircase that led into the kitchen. I was greeted by my half brother, Jimin. Jimin was an illegitimate child; a simple mistake that my father had made and had to pay the price for. Jimin and I were different in many ways. He was happy and content with life and he never seemed to feel any emotions other than happiness. I, on the other hand was always angry and filled with hatred.

Jimin sat with his legs crossed on the kitchen counter;  a bowl of chocolate cereal sat in his lap and a cup of over sweetened coffee was held tightly in his firm grasp. How he could stomach that stuff was a different story all together.

Jimin waved me over and held out the bowl of cereal ( after he had put the cup down, or else it would have been a disaster.) "Tae,  you should taste this new cereal that Jin found. It's really good, you might actually like it."

I glared at him, envying his happiness. I found his ability to give into human norms (even though we ruled them) pathetic. I opened the large cold room that would preserve the bodies of the humans before their souls would leave their bodies. I opened it in the hopes that the stock had been replenished.  I questioned Jimin angrily "The servants were expected to fill the cold room last night. I cannot handle this hunger any longer. They are just as filthy and useless as humans and with their eyes they might as well be."

Jimin's glanced away " Then I might as well be one of those servants. My eyes are no different from theirs."

"Well that explains a lot, you are lucky that father even bothered to keep you and allowed you into the estate. I'm going out to find something sufficient for my hunger. If father arrives here before I return, tell him his paper work is on my desk."  With that I exited the house. There was no point in getting dressed because If I had my way I would have made a mess when I tortured my dinner.

I walked to the nearest abandoned town that remained a reminder of our power. Most of the houses had been burnt to the ground years before my birth and those that still stood were very much abandoned. While one would expect to find no one in such a deserted down; often humans would wander into the area and hide away in the old buildings, hoping that the rubble would mask their scent.

I entered and exited many houses, my patience had long since gone and I shook with anger. Perhaps we had driven the humans to extinction. I doubted that though because although they were stupid they had a habit of surviving.

From the corner of my eye I saw someone strolling while admiring what was left of  nature. At first I had thought it was another 'monster', perhaps a servant hunting for her master. She had seemed too relaxed for a human but once had turned around, her eyes gave all away. She was a human.

I could have just attacked her right then and there, but where was the fun in that. I stalked behind her,  quietly so that she would not see me but so that she could feel my presence. If she had suspected someone of following her, it would spark fear within her that would have increased. It was much more entertaining to have a petrified victim. It was a wonderful site to watch. Humans shuddering in fear, either attempting to outrun me or curling into a ball; in the hopes that they would be protected.

The girl had seemed to realise something and a look of panic struck her face. She glanced at the sky and as the sun began to set she walked faster (perhaps hoping to return home before nightfall.) It was time to have some fun. I crept up behind her and grabbed her arm. Her body tensed before she seemed to grow calm. She stared at me for a second with a look of relief evident on her face. That was until she had seen my eyes. No doubt she had been told of us 'monsters'.

Although she knew what I was, she did not seem to fear me and I hated that more than anything. I lived off power. Even those who I lived with were petrified of me, so why wasn't she.

I had thought about torturing her brutally and making her fear me. All it would take was a splatter of blood from a cut and she would be on her knees begging for me to have mercy. Fear would make her soul far more appetizing. Another idea had occurred to me, she had to have come from somewhere and surely she lived with other humans.

I let her go, not regretting it as much as I should have because I knew that if I followed her I would find more humans than just her. She sprinted away from me, not stopping to look behind her. I followed behind at a steady pace until she entered an old abandoned block of apartments. She opened a trap door that appeared to be a loose floorboard and she entered before shutting the trap door behind her. I gave her two minutes before I proceeded after her. I found myself in a tunnel and I crawled along; listening to her heavy breathing as she crawled. Perhaps she had a fear of dark and enclosed areas.

She had exited the tunnel long before I had reached the end,  but it was no doubt that she had gone through the iron gates. I had discovered something beautiful. Not a handful of humans, but a whole entire village that would feed us for a long time.

I left before anyone spotted me, after all it would have been more entertaining and safer for me if I was not alone.  I had entered the house, my body ready to shut down from dehydration and lack of food. My head ached, allerting me of my hunger. I was elevated at the thought of my discovery that I scoffed down a bowl of Jimin's cereal in the hopes that my energy would recover quickly.

I entered my study, only to be surprised by my father's appearance. I smirked and cleared my throat which caught his attention. I knew he  was just as excited as I was by what I had told him.

A decision was made. In two days we would attack; all of us who had been deprived of food for so long.

A/N:  Hey ☺ I hope that if anyone reads this that they enjoyed it. :) and I'm thankful to everyone who reads it.
If anyone reads this please check out my friends book, it's called Slave to a Vampire. Its a Jimin fanfiction by @Frozen_Panda

Please comment and vote. Thank you  💙