Chapter 43

Taehyung stood by the dining room; it had been barely a week since Jin had left and while Eli was recovering, she still had not woken up. He picked up his drink and finished the glass of its contents before watching as the glass fell to the oak floors.

The large estate was almost empty as Leo and Hakyeon had been forced to leave. Hakyeon had been afraid and rightfully so because a gang of monsters had shown up demanding that Taehyung's execution sentence would still be an event to liven up their monotonous lives. Those thoughts soon left their minds as they caught scent of the two humans who had taken to keeping Taehyung sane. The scent of humanity lured them in and while Taehyung had done all that he could to protect the two humans; he knew it would be best if they left for somewhere much safer.

Taehyung missed Hakyeon's optimism and Leo's outbursts of wisdom and his loneliness had possessed his mind. He had taken to drinking excessively when he was not changing Eli's bandages and demanding for her to wake up.

"Morning." a regretful voice called out, frightening Taehyung out of his thoughts as he glanced at the front door. Namjoon stood with the door wide open and Taehyung regretted not locking it the night before.

He nodded in response and sat in silence while he waited for Namjoon to bring him bad news.

"Why did you declare yourself guilty of the rituals when you were not?" Namjoon asked as if it had been bugging him for weeks. He had showed up at Taehyung's house two days after the incident but based on the new found evidence and the mangled body that was found on the prison floor; Namjoon could not carry out Taehyung's execution, no matter how much his hatred demanded him to. Namjoon had left with a warning; declaring that if he found anything that pointed to Taehyung as being guilty then his execution would be even more painful than originally intended.

"So you realized that I was not behind those killings; have you come to execute me anyway." He spat out dejectedly as he glared at Namjoon.

Namjoon hesitated as he took a seat before Taehyung; he knew that he wasn't welcome in the estate but he had felt guilty enough about his accusations. "No. I came to apologize for making you appear guilty." He fell in to silence as he carefully pondered over his next words. He sighed "I was going to execute you anyway, despite the evidence because your blood was there and evidence is easy to manipulate."

"Why didn't you then, you have always wanted me dead so why didn't you kill me?" Taehyung interrupted. He was curious and tired but the alcohol had taken its affect and he realized that he was done playing everyone's games.

"Jimin walked in to my office and pleaded guilty. He gave his testimony and it all matched up with the evidence."

"Jimin wouldn't give himself over to spare my life." Taehyung growled in disbelief. His thoughts of his brother had drastically changed since he had found out Jimin's true intentions. "If this is an excuse to get me to confess then it will not work because yes I killed a few people but who hasn't in this damned town. I was not the one who started the ritual," Taehyung yelled in a state of shock as he gripped on to the edge of the dining room table. He did not trust Namjoon and he had no reason to.