Chapter 34

Eli's pov

I gazed out of the window impatiently as I waited for the right moment to leave the room which I had been confined to. The view outside the window was dreary as rain pelted onto paved ground, making the dull buildings seem even gloomier.

I sighed as I closed the curtains in a rush. I missed the serene forests which surrounded Taehyung's estate and I longed for the comfort the forest seemed to give me. The view outside of Jin's estate was that of a town and one which held anger and pain close to its heart. The town surrounded Jin's estate as if he held power over the rest of the monsters and he did because he was a noble. I had always seen him as someone who I could trust; someone who despised the way his kind butchered humans for a soul.

Little did I know that he was worse than the monsters who got drunk off of the power that the souls graced them with; he was worse because when no one was watching he would drain soul after soul and yet he did not use them as a source of energy. Jin kept each soul he had ever drained locked in a jar and on display.

The jars of souls haunted me and surrounded me in a cage of sorrow. They lined the walls, each marked with a name and a date as if they were nothing more than trophies displayed in Jin's house (hidden away from the eyes of the public who saw him as being a monster who would not touch a soul.)

I moved away from the window and sat on the edge of the chair. I was anxious because I knew that the door would open soon. I placed the worn out book which I had been reading under the cushion of the chair as I straightened my posture. I kept my eye on the door as I waited for the handle to turn.

As the door opened, Yoongi greeted me with a nod before stepping to the side as he made way for Jin to enter. Jin sauntered into the room, smiling as he placed another jar on the glass shelf that lined the wall of the room which had become my prison for the past few days.

"Your father will be here now." Jin spoke nonchalantly before he walked out of the room, leaving the door open as he expected Yoongi to follow after him.

Yoongi held out his hand carefully after glancing behind him quickly. He placed a torn piece of paper in my hand. He smiled before he turned around and quickly left the room, closing the door after him.

I hid the paper beneath the cushion, inside the book before sitting on the chair once more much like I had done earlier.

"Eli." My father's booming voice echoed through the room as he pushed the door open.

I said nothing and I did not move from where I had been sitting as I glared at him. I loathed how arrogant he was and how proud he stood but most of all I hated how he looked at me; as if he believed I was no different from him.

"Stand." he ordered as he walked into the room, drinking from a bottle of red wine as he stood before me.

I shook my head in defiance as I refused to follow his orders.