Chapter 11

I gasped at the sight of the message, finding the scent the blood and the handwriting familiar, from a memory I had long since hoped to forget. As the blood ran down the wall, a thrilling shriek rang through my ears, causing me to fall. The doors were not locked and I knew that if they had intended to keep me they would have done so efficiently. I turned around to inspect the room before me and the mess which I had made. The bloodied bodies seemed all too familiar as they hung ripped to shreds, deranged and haggard. They no longer appeared to be human; their appearance was that of a mangled corpse, swaying silently in the wind. Their souls were long since gone and what little light had existed in them before was extinguished, reminding me that I had drained every last one of them.

My eyes burned in irritation, but my headache had faded. I felt light headed but I knew enough to know it was simply because I was no longer alone in my thoughts. The devilish side of me had been awakened and awake it would stay craving and longing to devour every living soul in its sight. It felt as if another being had become a part of me, as if I was sharing my body with a beast. When I closed my eyes, the beast was on full show, smirking as if he was alerting me that he had plans of his own, plans that I couldn't even begin to imagine.

I knew that whoever had taken me, did not wish to harness the power which I had acquired, perhaps they had other ideas. Perhaps they saw me as merely a puppet or perhaps it was set as a trap to get me executed for hosting an illegal ritual. The bloodied words had seemed so familiar but that part of my memory was closed off as if someone had locked them up behind unbreakable walls. I knew that I needed to remember my forgotten past, before the beast inside me went insane and possessed me entirely.

The stench of the corpses was accompanied by the smell of flames and a chemical that was highly efficient for burning the evidence. I knew then that there had been more rituals previously. That would make whoever was behind them someone who would do something dangerous more than once without worrying about the consequences of doing something so evil. I had my suspicions of the culprit who had bound me to a beast and once I made him confess I would kill him. Killing him would be like taking down a king, I would have the power which I had always longed for and more. The beast inside grinned at the idea of being invincible, thriving off its newly gained freedom and moving slightly in an attempt to control me once more.

I ran out the room, scarcely stopping to assess my surroundings and while that would have been an intelligent thing to do if I intended to find the person who was behind the vicious killings, I knew I did not have much time before the beast was upon me once more. It seemed that whenever I subconsciously thought of blood or anything related the beast would surface, waiting to exit its second cage. I came to a stop as I reached the forest that surrounded our city, breathing heavily to suppress the beast. My back was still bare and I knew that I could not return home any time soon, at least not while the tattoo was on full show.

I had remembered the day that I had received that tattoo so clearly. It was vivid in my mind and for a very good reason; I was not what my father had expected me to be. The tattoo was a permanent scar that reminded me that I was nothing more than an experiment.

I sat on the muddy cold ground of the forest, feeling sick at the unusual feeling of binge-eating. Food had become scarce and one complete soul had become like a treat but to consume about a dozen was pure madness. I ran my hand through my hair. I loved the colour red, it had always stood out and it alerted people that I was no longer someone to mess with. Yet the presence of the beast had made me long for a change in hair colour as he whispered to me about how red was not a colour of power, it was a colour I wore proudly so that I could hide behind an appearance that was different to that of my childhood. I hated the feeling, knowing very well that he spoke the truth.

I waited for nightfall, knowing that it would be easier to make it home without anyone seeing me. I had forgotten one detail though. As I neared the mansion which had been in my family for many years, and enticing scent lured me forward, bringing the beast to the surface, patiently waiting for the moment when he could take over. It was the smell of a human, a human who I knew that I could not kill at that moment.

My jaw had begun to ache, as my newly grown fangs brushed my lips, urging me forward. I moved forward as if I was in a trance and had no control over my movements. I came to a stop before one of the windows in the west wing on the second floor. The curtains were slightly open, and little light shone out, alerting me that someone was in my office, my office which I had locked after the last time I had gone in there.

My eyes flickered, as the beast took over, showing me things from a new perspective as it altered my vision. My blade like claws tore through the glass as if it was ripping up a piece of paper. The sound of the broken glass alerted whoever was rummaging through my cabinet of my presence.

I knew who it was just by the scent. Eli sat on the floor before my file with my restricted files spread out before her. Her dark hair was slightly wet and she wore a maroon dressing gown which I knew was given to her by Jimin's girlfriend who had frequently visited when no one thought I would suspect a thing.

She looked at me, frightened by my appearance but despite the fact that I was stuck in a half transformation, Eli knew very well that it was me.

I growled at her, cursing at the beast inside me who longed to pin her down and drain her of her life. "Why are you in my office?"

Eli answered nervously as if she had something to hide "The door was wide open and I got curious." She shrugged her shoulders, hoping that I would believe her.

I grabbed her hair with my one hand and cupped her cheek with the other "No, the door could not have been open. One thing I would never do is leave my office unlocked for prying eyes." I ran the tip of my claws over her pink lips, smirking as she shivered at the feeling "So enlighten me, how did you get in here,"

She moved away, throwing my hands to the side "I told you it was unlocked" she spat out, furious that it was me who stood before her. "I walked passed after my bath. The files were spread out like so and the bloody door was very much open."

I drew her closer to me, loving the feeling as she shivered before bending down a fraction to face her, she was startled by my fangs as I flashed her a devious smile. "Either you tell me, or I will keep you by me at all times."

She glared at me doubting my words "You wouldn't."

"Yes I would, never doubt my word. It's not that difficult to keep you chained to me at all times, perhaps a nice leash would do the trick." I licked my lips, satisfied at her anger.

"I am not a pet and I will never be one." She yelled as her eyebrows were furrowed and her hands were clenched into fists.

Her defiance infuriated me but it also gave me the perfect challenge which I had waited so long for. The beast growled sadistically as I pushed her against the wall, holding her by her neck. I leaned in to whisper in her ear "You seem to have forgotten what happens when people defy me."

hey :) thank you all so much for reading and for commenting and voting, it really means a lot to me. i hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it was a bit short. the song for this chapter is House of Wolves by My Chemical Romance because i listened to it while writing a part of this chapter (that probably explains a lot )