Chapter 44

Eli glanced up at Taehyung. The gleam of excitement in his eyes reminded her of how childlike he had been acting since she had woken up. A grin was etched on his face as he bent down to kiss her slowly. He would smile at her as if he truly was happy but in the evenings when he thought she was sleeping; she would hear him scratch at his scars and throw silent curses filled with self loathing.

She hesitantly wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him furiously, pushing him backwards until she was leaning over him. She winced at the pain that the sudden movement caused in her healing arms and to her dismay; it did not go unnoticed by Taehyung. He smiled at her pitifully, the kind of pity that fueled her with anger.

She bent down; as she growled in his ear "You cannot hurt me anymore than I was already hurt. So please don't act like I am fragile because we both know I am not."

Taehyung nodded, unable to find the right words. He gazed up, smiling proudly at the woman who was straddling him. It had been so long since he had had her so close intimately and he had missed how much passion she seemed to have stored within her as she ran her dainty hands up and down his chest and stomach as if she was memorizing every one of his scars.

Eli had been awake for little over three days and in that time Taehyung fussed about her health, arranging food for her and forcing her to stay in bed. Taehyung had deemed the forest out of bounds, at least while she was recovering so Jimin's overgrown garden had become a substitute. The garden which Jimin had once worked so hard on had almost lost all life as the flowers were uncared for; growing wildly throughout the weed infested garden but it was still better than being stuck inside the house which held many bad memories for the both of them.

Eli sat up, glancing at the still broken window of the office, the window which had been broken the first time she had seen Taehyung with his fangs bared and claws out. She rested her head on his chest with her arms still on his torso as she turned to look around the garden. The sun shone through the trees, lighting the freshly grown grass in patches and for once in their lives, everything seemed at peace despite the hatred and jealousy Taehyung had always felt for the garden which had meant so much to his mother and Jimin.

"Do you miss him?" Eli asked wearily as she sat up, noticing how Taehyung stared at the flowers longingly.

Taehyung leaned forwards and placed his head on her shoulder as he spoke softly "I shouldn't but I do. We were both children who turned out a mess because of our circumstances."

"He is probably just as lost as you were... I know you don't want to visit him but I think even a letter would make it easier for him."

Taehyung lifted his head, pulling her closer to him as he mumbled "I don't have any words to say to him or to write in a letter." He kissed her forehead softly before sighing "Maybe one day I will be able to forgive him but I don't want to visit him and give him false hope."

Eli nodded her head "I miss him too you know. Jimin and Nari were my only friends here."

"He nearly killed you though." Taehyung scoffed in reply, he was jealous of how close Eli and Jimin had been when he had first brought Eli to the estate all those months ago.