Passion

I sat still wrapped up in his dark duvet. Head leaning against the chestnut wood as I glanced repetitively around his room. His room was fairly tidy for a teenage guy. I expected clothes to be pouring from the drawers. Dirty dishes scattered all over the floor. Clean and dirty laundry overflowing from the baskets. But the room was nice and clean.

Hunter had a pretty good taste of style too. His walls were a charcoal grey. Framed posters of rock bands adorned them. A tiny desk in one corner of the fairly neat room and a game station in another. He had black curtains that complimented his downey white bedding and grey pillows. In the middle of the room sat a dark cherry colored guitar, leaning against a huge object covered with a white linen sheet. Apparently whatever it was, he didn't want it to be seen by anyone. The cloth looked dusty. Like it'd been sitting there untouched for years. I wondered what lay underneath it. I was curious.

I slowly crawled from underneath his sheets, leaving the black haired boy there to rest. I limped over to the covered object. Slowly peeling off the sheet, dust filled the air making me cough. The sheet lay on the ground now, eyes popping out of my head at what stood before me. A grand piano. It was truly beautiful. Its exterior a matte black color, the keys were a little dusty from lack of use. I pulled out the stool from underneath it, taking a seat. My fingers involuntarily moved over the keys, the piano eliciting a beautiful tune. I closed my eyes and got lost in the music before me. This was my passion. It had been ever since my mom taught me to play when I was just 4 years old.

{Hunter}

The sound of music filled my ears. I batted my eyes sleepily, trying to find where the sound was coming from. My orbs focusing on a figure across the room. She had her back turned to me, light waves cascading over her shoulders messily and resting just above her bum. Austyn.

I sat up slowly, my eyes never leaving her figure. Her fingers moved swiftly across the keys graciously, her foot resting on the pedal. Eyes fluttering close as she continued to play, unaware of my now awake presence. She ended smoothly, my eyes reopening as she sat at the piano, her head bowed. I quietly unfolded myself from the sheets to stand behind her, still unaware of my presence. I wound my arms around her waist, she jumped, screaming. I chuckled, "Its just me." I whispered, placing my chin on her shoulder, inhaling her scent.

"I thought you were sleeping." I heard her say, playing with my fingers that rested on her waist.

"I was. But the sound of music woke me." I responded.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"No need to apologize. You play really well. Who taught you?" I asked.

"My mom taught me before she left 6 years ago." She answered. My heart immediately broke, my arms tightening around her waist.

"Im so sorry Austyn. If I would've known I wouldn't have asked." I apologized, holding her closer to my bare chest.

"Its alright." She turned her head, giving me a weak smile.

"So is that why you cut?" I asked out of curiosity. The silence that filled the room confirmed it was a yes.

"Oh, Austyn." I sighed,taking her in my arms and squeezing her gently. Her arms limply rested over my shoulders as my arms hugged her waist. I pulled away, taking hold of her forearms and sliding the bracelets off one by one until there were no more left. I lifted her wrists, staring into her shameful eyes, sponging soft kisses over each of her cuts. Her eyes brimming with tears, "Can I?" I softly asked, kneeling in front of her parted thighs. With the confirmation of her head, I lifted her t-shirt, the healing cuts coming into view. I leaned forward, still keeping eye contact with her beautiful eyes as I placed delicate kisses over the spanse of both of her thighs. I felt something wet drip onto my forehead and as I glanced up I saw the salty tears traveling down her cheeks. I stood up, wiping the liquid from her cheeks, "Are there anymore?" I asked her. She nodded her head and my heart ached. "Where?" I whispered. She didn't say anything, only point to her clothed stomach. I took the hem of her shirt and lifted it over her head, eyes glancing past her bust to land on the marks scattering her hip. I sat on my knees again, biting my lip as I studied the fading cuts on her hip. I glanced up to meet her eyes, before kissing them with so much passion and emotion I didn't even know I held.