Battle Wounds

SOTC: Lightweight Demi Lovato

I tossed my backpack on the landing of the stairs, ignoring Hunter's paces behind me. "What happened?"

"Nothing happened. How many times do I have to tell you this Hunter?" I took off my sandals and flung them on the floor also, turning around to face him.

"Why-why do you keep pushing me away? Im only trying to help you."

"Why do you keep asking the same question?" I mocked.

"Cause you won't answer my damn question, Austyn."

"You're not making any sense!" I yelled, throwing my arms in the air.

" You know what? I'm so sick and tired of going through the same shit every single day. I have problems of my own too, Austyn. You're not the only one who struggles everyday to be happy. Have you ever thought about how I feel? Have you ever wondered how it feels to live in my shoes? To know how it feels to live in this damn house knowing that those people in your living room aren't even your parents? Instead thats your Aunt and Uncle taking care of you because your parents died in a fucking car crash with you sitting in the backseat. I was only 6 Austyn! 6 years old and I had to witness my very own parents die before my eyes. Huh? Have you ever thought about me?! Apparently not because you're to busy being selfish and thinking only of yourself!" He pivoted on his heels and walked straight through my door. I heard the slam of his door seconds later.

I was left standing in the middle of my bedroom trying to take it all in. Reality finally hit me. I wasn't the only one with problems here. Hunter had problems of his own and me being the selfish person I am; too busy focusing on my problems, I didnt slow down to think about Hunter and his feelings.

My feet carried me to the knob of Hunter's door. Fingers clutching the cold metal and twisting, luckily it was unlocked. "Hunter?" My voice bounced off his feather grey walls.

I got no reply but I stepped in anyway. His black sheets lay unmade on his bed. Hunter no where to be found. His bathroom door stood closed, the yellow light shining from underneath the wood signaling he was in there. I twisted the knob and the door flung open. Hunter sat on the seat of the toilet, head in his hands, no sound coming from him whatsoever but his erratic breathing. His shoulders heaved up and down as his back shook with every sob.

I ran to him, standing between his parted legs, and winding my arms around his neck. His head lay against my tummy, eyes bloodshot with tears streaming down his face. My fingers gripped the hem of his shirt, heaving it up and stroking his tan skin like he'd done to me so many times before. My other hand dug in his hair, spreading it within my fingers. His hands made their way to my hips, pulling me onto him and burying his head in my neck. I trailed delicate kisses on the skin of his face, "I'm so sorry." I murmured.

"It's okay." He mumbled.

I took his face in my hands, swiping underneath his eyes with the pads of my thumbs, "Are you alright?" He nodded and I kissed him tenderly.

And this was no ordinary kiss. This kiss held so much more meaning behind it than the love and want of each other. This kiss meant that we were willing to stand by one another no matter the situation. That we were both in this. We could get through this together.

His hands were placed on the small of my back, neck stretched out to meet my lips. My fingers held him by his strong jaw. Holding him tighter as he kissed me deeper, more raw and passionately. Small groans left our parted lips as he tugged my hips closer than what they already were. My legs hung over his jean clad thighs, struggling to hold on for my mind was clouded and I couldn't think straight. All I knew was that the boy before me was taking my breath away with each passing second and if this kept on I'd be ramen noodles in his arms.

I felt myself being lifted, hands gripping my thighs as he carried me out of his bathroom and to his room. He placed me down on his bed, joining me a second later. We never broke the kiss as my shirt was tugged up and over my arms and thrown to the floor.

"Fuck Austyn," He mumbled, "You're so beautiful." His eyes scanned my torso and I immediately knew what he was looking at. Suddenly feeling insecure, I reached down to cover the scars scattered on my hip.

He gripped my arms and put them to my sides, "Don't hide your battle wounds. Let them know you've won the fight." He said, leaning down to kiss me.

******************

Hope you enjoyed!

GOTW: 2k!

VOTE!

10 comments for next chapter!!

love you!