chapter six

I get to the edge of the alley and look in the direction he headed, "awsten?"

I walk down the rest of the sidewalk to the corner and look around while standing next the lamp post, it's obviously pretty dark out now and I wasn't trying to get abducted or anything.

I am grabbed by the shoulders but before I scream I realize it's awsten and start laughing, "damn awsten, don't do that."

"will you forgive me if I dance around this lamp like a pole?" he asks.

"you wouldn't..." I mumble.

oh he would. "awsten!"

he's dancing around it and humping it and then he starts to climb it, "get down from there!"

he laughs and shouts, "no!" as he continues to filing on the lamp before a gust of wind blows, causing him to lose his balance.

"oh my god, are you okay?" I get down next to him.

"yeah, ooo, ouch, can you help me up?" he asks and reaches out his hands.

I get back up and reach for his hands to help him up, when I pull him up he lets go of one hand and not the other.

"I promise that wasn't just an excuse to hold your hand but I'm going to take advantage of it now." he says and winks at me.

I knew he just playing around so I let it be, "and where are we going next you clutz?" I ask.

"hey! it's not funny that actually hurt, I'm probably going to be limping." he says back defensively.

"it wasn't even that high of a fall." I fire back.

"yeah, it doesn't need to be when it's on cement!"

"awe it's okay, wittle awsten scraped his knee, does he need a bandaid?" I joke.

he rolls his eyes but doesn't let go off my hand.

"I know a place you might like if you're as into music as you much as seem to be..." awsten says slyly.

"count me in." I say back to the blue haired boy.

•••

we don't run anymore but we do jump around and mess with each other as we head towards the place he wants to take me to. I hope that no one I know sees me, or anyone forms ace's and I's school but if they did there's not really anything I could do about it.

I'm honestly having a fantastic time with awsten and I've only been with him for no more than a half hour including the time we were in the club.

it wasn't long but I know I've already had a better time than I would've this entire night with ace.

•••

we stop at the corner of a street I don't recognize.

"hmm I think it's right..." he mumbles to himself before heading that way and leading me with him.

"and.... here we are." he says pulling me into a shop.

"a record store!" I shout in excitement, "how'd you know?"

"have you ever been here before?" he asks me.

"no, I've never even been to one before." I say in awe.

it was so old school and so beautiful, it was like I was living inside of a grunge tumblr blog.

"hopefully this will make up for your shitty day." he whispers to me.