chapter fifty-six

"maisie? your grandma invited us over for dinner." my mom shouts down the stairs.

I was stunned, I didn't know what to do.

I had slid down my wall and just sat there until now.

I knew she was talking about her mother, and even though I loved her more than anything, it wasn't a good time.

"massive migraine, can I just lay down? tell her I'll come visit her tomorrow or the day after." I shout up.

she starts to walk down the stairs, you could tell I was about to cry but she would think it was because of the migraine.

it was made up, but I definitely feel one coming on.

"oh, yes. i'll let her know. did you already take something for it?" she asks.

I shake my head no, "but I will."

"i'm so sorry this had to happen on your big day, change and get some rest, we won't be gone long. hopefully you'll feel a bit better afterwards." she says.

I just nod, I had a feeling that I wouldn't.

of course awsten would pick right now to try and call me.

I ignore his requests to video chat and call him back normally.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, I know that they think it's you, but i'm not going to say anything yet." he says.

he babbles on a little more.

was he oblivious to the fact that the fans made it clear there was multiple possibilities.

and clearly I was no longer the most likely one.

i'm not even the only one.

the only real one.

who cares if he was talking about me in his post.

he tries to ask me about graduation but I hang up.

a second later he texts and asks if I had accidentally hung up.

I ignore it.

I go back on twitter.

I decline almost all of the requests and remove everyone from my page who was sharing personal information of mine.

I quickly acknowledge anything from my friends before moving to instagram, waiting on the messages.

it was set up so that anyone could message me so it would be a hassle.

instagram, same thing.

I removed all of the recent comments from fans and go to awsten's page to see everything that he's tagged in.

there's about two pictures of me, bothwith awsten, in comparison to over ten with him and the other girl.

they all think it's certainly her that he's talking about.

how would they know?

back to twitter.

I delete almost all of the messages but I managed to open a few.

some just appeared to be curios, others were quite rouse.

I don't respond to any of them and go back to gabriella's twitter.