Winter formal

Alex

I sat on the bed in a lovely dress, refusing to go. Elena and Marissa came in trying to get me to go, but I sat with my arms and legs crossed, telling them both no. After what happened at homecoming, can you blame me?

Jordan and Frazier opened the door, coming in, trying to remove me physically, but my grip was pretty tight on the bed frame.

"Come on, Alex," Frazier said, trying to loosen my grip.

"No, and you can't make me," I yelled, gripping the bed frame.

"Don't make us get Ryan, Alex," Jordan said as he struggled with my legs.

"I don't care! I'm not going, and you're not making me go!" I yelled at them.

"Fine. You win," the guys said, releasing me.

They walked out of the room with Frazier saying to Jordan, "Man, she's got a tight grip."

"Mmm," Jordan replied.

As soon as I felt the coast was clear, I let go of the bed frame and sat down on the bed. A few minutes later, before I knew what happened and could grab the structure, the three of them came in quickly with Ryan picking me up and flinging me over his shoulder.

"Ryan!" I yelled.

He walked out of the room as they followed, closing the door behind them.

I sat in the car, pouting as Ryan put the vehicle into a park. He leaned over and said in a husky voice, "Oh, come on. It's our last school dance."

"I told you I never wanted to go to another one," I grumbled.

"Come on. I promised nothing would happen. And if it does, you can shave my head," he offered.

I looked at him, and he grinned.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," I said as I opened the door, getting out of the car.

We all walked into the main hall, and Ryan took my hand and led me to the dance floor. He twirled me around, pulling me to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he danced with me, looking into my steel-gray eyes with his chocolate brown eyes.

It felt like it was the two of us.

"See, I told you everything would be fine," he reminded me.

"Well, previous experiences always have proven otherwise," I said, moving my hand to the back of his head and rubbing his hair.

"Well, I took extra precaution just so we could have at least one dance without an incident," he said, pulling me closer to him.

As we glided over the dance floor, we heard someone yell, "Duck!"

Not knowing who yelled it, we turned to see stuff flying our way and getting hit with food. I wiped my face off with my hand and looked at Ryan as he did the same. I looked at him. "I hope you like the bald look."

He rolled his eyes as he grabbed my hand, trying to make it across the dance floor, which was hard since the food made the floor slick. We finally made it over to where the food tossed to see Elena, Amber, Frazier, and Jordan rolling around on the floor covered in food.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Barked Ryan is causing them to stop and look at us covered with food.

"Well, Amber wanted to ruin your night, Alex, and Elena stopped her," Marissa said.

I looked at her, and she had some pie on her. "So how do those two idiots fit into this?" I pointed at Frazier and Jordan.

"Well, my idiot husband helped Elena with the first shot of pie thrown, and Jordan tried to break it up," she said, nodding her head.