The first trimester is always the hardest

Alex

We made an appointment with Dr. Monroe the next day for a month. I didn't know how sick one person could be with a pregnancy. If I wasn't in the bathroom, I was in bed. I felt horrible and forgot about the food. The smell sent me flying to the toilet. I cut back on how much time I spent at work for the simple fact I felt so bad.

They released Elena from the hospital with the baby and settled into motherhood nicely. Even Jordan took to fatherhood well. Although hearing about them fighting over whose turn it was to get up with the baby was funny. He also offered her money to do it one night. She refused and kicked him out of bed. I still laugh at that.

Today was my first doctor's appointment, and I just wanted nausea to stop. Plus, it's not like I don't hang out in the bathroom enough with the bazillion times I have to pee. We sat in the doctor's office waiting for the doctor to see us and I had to pee, which I followed by puking. Ugh, this better stops soon.

They took us back to a room and had me get undressed and put on a gown. I sat at the table, playing with my fingers. I was nervous. Ryan sat in a chair, trying to calm his nerves. The doctor came in and had me lay down as he examined me. Then Dr. Monroe put this cold goo on my belly and turned on the machine. He placed a wand on my stomach, moving it around.

Ryan stood by me, taking my hand as we both looked at the screen. Then the doctor clicked the screen a few times.

"Well," Ryan asked.

"See that," the doctor said, pointing to the screen.

We looked at the screen and saw this little bean with eyes, a nose, mouth, hands, and toes.

"That's your baby," he smiled.

"How far along are I, doctor?" I asked him.

He did some calculations based on the first day of my last menstrual cycle. "I would say you're eight weeks along."

I looked at Ryan, and he looked at me as we both said, "The cruise."

I thought it was just seasickness. The doctor printed out our ultrasound pictures and put them in an envelope. Then he handed it to us. He also prescribed something for nausea. Anything at this point would be a blessing.

We scheduled our next appointment for next month, then left the office.

At some point, I spotted, and we both panicked, and the doctor had us come back in. He checked me, and everything was excellent. It happens at the beginning of the pregnancy. He ordered me off my feet and no sex until I got past my first trimester. In case you're wondering, yes, Ryan and I got crazy one night, which led to a bit of spotting.

I had to take it easy until my next appointment. I set it up with Lindsey to bring some work to me at home so I wouldn't fall behind. Ryan wasn't happy with me, disobeying doctor's orders, but hey, at least I didn't leave the house, a loophole.

Everyone came to visit me so I wouldn't get bored. Since Elena was off on maternity leave for the next two months, she came by frequently. It was nice to have one-on-one time.

I felt terrible for Ryan; he's not used to not having 'fun' and had to find alternative methods. That earned a lot of teasing from the guys, but the doctor's orders are doctor's orders.

I woke up one morning and grabbed a shower. After my shower, I got out of the tub and dried off, then I saw it in the mirror, my little bump. I ran my hands over it, admiring it. I had this tiny human being growing inside me. It stilled baffled my mind.

As I stood there looking at my tiny bump, I felt two hands slide around my waist from behind. Ryan placed his hands on top of mine, which was on top of my bump. He laid his head on my shoulder and said, "Damn, my wife is sexy."