Hey Santa

Alex

It had been a few weeks since we left Mason's house and moved into Elliot's house. We were into our second semester and now on Christmas break for two weeks. As for Ryan and me sharing a bed, that was a big no. Elliot wouldn't allow it because he had rules. The guy was a bit OCD.

Everything was so sterile in his home, and I hated it. There was no warmth, just like his personality. I felt like I was living in a jail twenty-four seven. I'd go to school and come back, eat, and go to my room. I was feeling isolated here, and my spirits were dropping by the minute.

As for Christmas, forget it. Elliot didn't bother with it since he didn't have a wife and family of his own. I didn't get it. Kate was the same way, but she was warm and friendly. I missed Kate, but with the threat out there, they forbid us to go to the bakery. Yep, life sucked.

Every time Ryan came to my room, he found me sitting on my bed, staring out the window, and every time he tried to talk to me, I barely said two words to him. I was missing how things were, and I was reverting to who I was, that quiet girl with no friends that never talked.

He grabbed the guys and went down to the kitchen to find Elliot at the table reading the paper. They stood in front of him, and he put his paper down. "Did you boys need something?"

"Yes, we do, Uncle Elliot. We need to make some changes," Ryan said with his arms crossed as the others did the same.

Elliot raised an eyebrow. "Enlighten me with said changes."

"We need things to go back to the way they were. Alex is not adjusting well."

"Alex is a big girl. She'll adjust, so the answer is no," he said, picking up his paper.

They all looked at each other, then Ryan said, "Then you leave me no choice." He took out his cell phone and made a call.

"Who are you calling?" Elliot asked.

The phone rang until a voice answered it; hello?

"Hello Aunt Christine, it's Ryan, and we have a problem."

What's the problem, dear? She asked him.

"It's Uncle Elliot."

I'll be right there.

He hung up, and Elliot dropped the paper onto the table and rubbed his forehead. "You called my big sister?"

"Considering she's the one you are afraid of in the family? Yes," he said, looking at Jordan and Frazier, who nodded in agreement.

Elliot let out a groan as he rubbed his face in frustration. Oh, did I mention the only one scarier than Elliot was Christine?

"Where is she?" A middle-aged woman asked as she entered the kitchen. Ryan told her which room I was in, as she promptly went upstairs yelling behind her. "I'll deal with you in a minute, Elliot!"

Elliot let out another groan as the woman went upstairs. Christine found my room, knocking on the door. She opened it to find me sitting on my bed and walked over to me. She sat down next to me, taking my hand in hers. I didn't know who this woman was.

"Hello, Alex. I'm Christine, Charles, and Elliot's sister."

I looked at her, and she had a soft smile on her face.

"I heard you were having a difficult time adjusting to your new living arrangements."

I nodded.

"Well, dear, I'm here to help you adjust. Will you come with me please," Christine asked, taking my hand and leading me downstairs.

We came downstairs into the kitchen, and Christine let go of my hand and took a seat across from Elliot. Elliot pursed his lips, sighing.