Someone is getting married

Alex

Everyone helped me get things situated, especially Elena. She took charge and delegated work to other employees, while Marissa straightened out the office and the guys moved files and furniture around to make it look more inviting. The employees were also happier with She-devil gone, and I picked a knowledgeable employee to be my assistant, then changed my mind and made her my co-boss.

Lindsey was a godsend and always overlooked, but she knew the place inside and out, and we became good friends in the office. I even had the guys make room for two desks since it was big enough. She helped pick up the slack while I dealt with a whole other issue, such as my wedding.

They were right, and our mothers were worse than a Bridezilla. Poor Julia looks like she was ready to rip her hair out. Our mothers argued about everything, pulling the poor woman in two different directions.

I stood there watching all this with Ryan, not knowing what to say.

"We weren't lying," he said with a shrug.

"I didn't think any of you were. Someone needs to rescue that poor woman," I said, looking at him.

"I'll let you handle this," he said to me.

I gave him a look, "Coward." He put his hands up in defense. Then I went to where the three of them were. There was a lot of yelling, and I tried to get their attention several times until I yelled, "Hey!" They stopped and looked at me. I walked over to them. "What is going on here?"

"We were discussing the seating arrangements," Mom said.

"It sounds like you were yelling more so than discussing Mom."

"Okay, but we're trying to figure it all out. We have to figure out the flowers, the venue, and all the other things that go to a wedding, honey."

"We figure you're so busy with work that you didn't need to worry about the details," Maggie added.

"Look, I appreciate everything you're doing, but we hired Julia. Let her do her job, please."

They nodded in agreement. Then I looked at the seating chart and the names, "I don't even know all these people."

"Well, they are many people, both of us know, and it would be rude if we didn't invite them," Maggie said.

"There are over five hundred people!"

"Oh, sweetie, that's small compared to some gatherings we had," she smiled at me.

"Ryan! In here now," I yelled, and Ryan came in, standing in front of them. "I will make this clear; this list needs to cut down to immediate family and friends that Ryan and I know now, and we will approve the list before we mail the invitations out. We have red roses for our flowers; the lake will hold the venue for the wedding with an indoor reception. Frazier and Kate are providing food and cake. Marissa is designing my dress and all the other clothes. Ryan is picking the music. If this doesn't happen, then there will not be a wedding, period!"

I walked away from them and then added, "Please let Julia do her job. That's why we hired her. Now I'm going home."

Ryan walked into the room and over to the bed. He sat down and took the blanket, pulling it back to reveal me underneath.

"You know you can't hide underneath the covers forever."

"Want to bet? Watch me," I said, pulling the covers back over my head. He shook his head while rolling his eyes and pulled the covers back down.

"You know what you need," he said to me.

"What?" I asked him with a look.

"A hot bath," he said, grinning, and I sighed.