Chapter 9 The feelings

Erza POV

Slowly the group was waking up. I came outside my tent and looked around me to see who was already awake. I saw all the dragonslayers awake, so only Gray is asleep. I walked towards his tent and saw it was empty. I was shocked, where the hell did Gray go. "Guys, do you know where Gray is?" I asked. They all looked confused about my question. "Erza-san isn't he asleep in his tent?" Wendy asked. "No, Wendy I just checked." All of them paled. "Could it be?" Gajeel started and look towards a road inside the forest. "What could be Gajeel?" I asked again, I was confused. "Can't you smell Gray?" I asked. "Yea, we can. But it is possible that he went further inside the wood to search for Natsu." "That's good right?" I asked, why were they so mysterious. "I believe Erza, that this forest is kind of bewitched. That this forest helps spreading the scent around." Gajeel stated. The others just nodded. "I thought about it at night I believe what Gajeel-san says is the truth. Because early this morning I tried to smell all of us. Even our smells are confusing and spread around." "So you mean you can't find either one of them?" Laxus and Gajeel nodded. "Well not with our noses Erza-san, we have to search by looking everywhere for them." "This will make everything complicated." I sighed. "Let's start searching for the idiots then." We all started searching again.

Gray POV.
I was walking the whole night, it was already morning. I was tired not that I could sleep now that I know Natsu is somewhere in this forest. I did sorted my feeling though. My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of my stomach, stupid me to not bring my bag with me. I did find a tree though with apples in it, it is not much but it was better then eating nothing. So I shoot a ice arrow into the tree so an apple would fall. It worked I catch the apple and started eating. I kept walking, I didn't know where to but I had to find Natsu so I can tell him my feelings. The truth finally. I heard far away water streaming, I walked towards it. It was a possibility that by the lake side I would find Natsu. I walked towards it, I didn't see Natsu there but I saw many animals drinking at the lake. I walked further. I was started getting tired again, but I wasn't giving up yet. How can I find Natsu. I wish I had that answer.

Erza POV
We looked all day and all evening but didn't find either of them. We decided it was best if we get some rest and started searching for them tomorrow morning. I was worried for the two idiots. I hope Gray knows his feelings already.

Gray POV
I was still lost and searching for Natsu. But I have to sleep some and start searching again for him tomorrow. So I set up a camp, old fashion ways. Like a survivalist.

Natsu POV
I was glad he came, but still unsure. I mean he still figuring his feelings out. It is still possible he doesn't like me like I do. So should I get my hope high. I don't know. Maybe not I will feel empty again. I should have expect that they would search for me. But in this forest it isn't easy to find someone at all. I was glad he found me first. But what should I do. Let him search for me longer. They will find me someday. But I don't want to talk to them. I only want to know what Gray is thinking. I feel awful, if he likes me that mean he has to break up for me with Juvia, or did he already. I was getting confused and overwhelmed with emotions. I fell on my knees, and in my head everything was spinning. What should I do. Hope. Love. Betrayal. Guilty. Loneliness. Happy. Mad. It was all confusing all those thoughts and even all those emotions. "Gray please find me and love me." I stated to no one in particular. I started crying again. "I'm so weak." I clutched my hands at my heart, it was painfully throbbing. Will I ever by happy, I wonder. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard something. 

I jumped as fast as I could so I would hide myself in the tree. There I saw him, he was collecting stuff. I guess he's making a camp for himself. Where are the others I wondered. I started following him, trying to be as quite as possible. I was indeed correct, he was building an old fashioned camp. How we build a hut when we were kids. He was clearly tired. After he finished the first thing he did was laying down. He said something normal people wouldn't hear. But I did hear it with my abnormal hearing. "Please be save, Natsu. I- I lo-" he fell asleep halfway his sentence. That bastard. I'm curious now. I walked very quietly towards him. He was sleeping sound. I got on my knees besides him and feel his black raven hair. I always hoped I could do this someday. But I felt guilty I was doing this in his sleep. He looked so peaceful. I didn't understand my emotions, but I was crying again. He stirred in his sleep I was shocked, and got my hand away quickly. "Natsu." He said in his sleep. I was glad he didn't woke up because of me caressing his hair. So I started doing it again. I was so glad to see him again. One side of me wanted to take him away from everyone. The other side of me felt already guilty, I mean he is probably still with Juvia. I can't do something like that. But I am already betraying them right. Because I was lost in my thoughts I didn't noticed that he waked up. Until Gray bolted up screaming "Natsu I found you." I was sacred so I was getting away from my position as soon as possible. I was sitting at the furthest corner of his makeshift tent.

Gray POV:
I woke up from someone who was caressing my hair. It felt awesome. But who was it. I woke up and to my delight it was Natsu. I screamed "Natsu I found you." I was glad. But he was clearly startled. He immediately shoved as far as he could. He was trying to speak. "G-gray...I I " But I interrupted him. "I'm glad I see you again." His eyes were sparkling with hope. "Natsu I need to say something important to you, I know my feeling. I sorted them out." I saw he was anxious, his hope was still there but there was also a sad expression. "G-gray before that, I want to apologize." I didn't understand why though. His eyes were clouded with his bangs. "Why Natsu?" "I'm sorry, for what I did to you in my sleep." Did he caress my hair. He looked right in my eyes, he was crying. "I betrayed you right, your still with Juvia and I still touched your hair, even caress them. I- I" I hugged him. He stiffed first. "It's okay silly." "B-but." "Juvia has nothing to do with this." "Gray, it does." He was still crying. "But Natsu you didn't betray me." He broke loose of my grip and looked with tear stung eyes towards me. "What do you mean." He looked so innocent. "I will have to tell Juvia after this but I don't feel betrayed at all, I was actually glad you did that." He was stunned, his eyes big. Still red though from all the crying. He looked at me like I was crazy. "W-what do you mean Gray?" "Natsu, what I mean is that I really love you. Sorry it took so long." He was crying harder and hugged me. I hugged him back, I'm glad I got him back.