Chapter 14

I open my eyes slowly and sat up carefully , rubbing the sleep off my eyes.

Sliding off the bed , I pulled back the black curtains letting the sunlight go through the windows of mine and Pitch's bedroom.

I smiled and leaned on the glass window remembering how Pitch made lots of effort into digging a hole enough for his underground lair to receive sunlight here.

Such a sweetheart...

I thought as I sighed and walked outside of our room to go to our kitchen.

It has been a month since I started living here at Pitch's lair and I couldn't be even more happy.

He even made some arrangements for me even though I told him that it's not needed.

But he still insisted which made me love him even more.

I made 4 pancakes and prepared one pineapple juice and a cup of black coffee.

I hear our bedroom doors open making me smile as I look up and saw a shirtless Pitch with black sweatpants , yawning and walking towards me , "Goodmorning , love." , he greeted with a smile as he kissed my forehead.

I smiled up at him and greeted back , "Morning , Pitch." , as I sat on my chair and him beside me.

He took a sip of his black coffee and sighed , "Perfect brew as ever." , he complimented as he smiled down at me but furrowed his brows together as I took a sip of my pineapple juice , "Huh? That's a surprise."

I placed the glass down on the table as I took a bite of my pancake , "What is?"

"You usually drink milk coffee in the morning , Anastasia." , I paused from chewing for a sec as he took a bite of his pancake , "Why the sudden change?" , he asked softly as he ruffled my hair.

I bit my lower lip nervously as I answered , "No reason! Just wanted a change , ya know?" , I laughed a little as I continued eating my pancakes.

I hear him just hum in reply as we eat.

Yeah.

That strange part is , I've been craving for some food which I don't particularly eat or drink.

Maybe my taste buds have changed..? Probably.

I thought confusedly as I shrugged my shoulders and saw Pitch staring at me making me tilt my head to the side , "What's wrong Pitch?"

"Nothing. Just admiring you." , he sighed as he smiled and said out of the blue , "Hey , darling?"

"Yeah?" , I replied as I took one last bite of my pancake.

"Can you open that black box right over there on top of our coffee table in the living room?" , Pitch said softly making me look up at him curiously and then at the black box.

But he doesn't let me open it ever since the first week I started living here.

I thought confusedly as asked him , "But you never let me open or touch it. You practically prevented me from even coming near it."

He just sighed and placed his elbows on the table with his chin on his hands , "Just....open it please." , he pleaded making me hum and stand up from my chair and start walking towards the living room.

I wonder what's up with him.

Pitch's POV

I stared at her walking figure as my heart thumps loudly in my chest

I've been preparing for this.

I thought nervously as I see her out of the kitchen now.

I tap my left foot on the ground out of nervousness as I covered my mouth with both of my hands.