Chapter 16

I slowly open my eyes only to be greeted by the worried face of Toothania.

"Anastasia!"

I sat up slowly as I looked around me and saw it was only me and Tooth , "Where are we?"

"At a nearby human hospital. Luckily , a kind cab driver saw us and offered us to take us here." , she explained as she pushed some of my hair away from my face , "The doctor will be here shortly."

My eyes widen as I remember about Pitch and the others.

"Pitc--!"

"They are also on their way here , hon." , she said with a comforting smile on her face.

I nod my head as thoughts were swimming in my mind.

What's going on with me..? Did I eat something bad? Was I losing energy?

My thoughts were cut short when the door to my room clicked open , revealing a woman with black short hair that seemed to be in her mid 30's.

She smiled at us , "Oh! Good you're awake." , she glanced at her clipboard as she hummed , "Anastasia , right?"

I nod my head slowly , "Yes."

She smiled brightly and said , "Pretty name for a pretty girl." , she glanced at Tooth and said , "Quite a gorgeous daughter you have here , madam."

Tooth giggled and held my left hand , "Thank you , doctor. Now what is wrong with her that made her feel like this?" , she finally asked making me gulp.

She checked her clipboard humming a tune as she turned to look at us and grin happily , "I did some analysis and based here on my clipboard nothing is really wrong with you , dear." , she paused then said , "Congratulations! You're pregnant."

Silence.

"You are actually 6 weeks pregnants as of now!"

More silence.

There was silence in the room.

The word 'pregnant' echoes in my mind.

The doctor gulps and nervously said , "Well then , I'll be....going on some errands now and check the other patients. Good day." , and then she walked out of the room.

I'm pregnant...but how--

But I was cut short when I remembered about me and Pitch these past few days...

I blushed as the grip of Tooth on me tightens , "Anastasia...?"

Within that one month , many things happened between me and Pitch and one of those things is this...

"Anastasia?"

I gasped as I looked at Tooth and she held a warm smile on her face as her other hand reached towards me.

"Hey , don't cry , baby girl."

She said warmly as I noticed that tears started running down my cheeks.

"Everything's going to be alright." , she cooes at me as she leans her forehead onto mine.

"Th-There's another living being..." , I trailed off as I cried out softly , "...inside o-of me."

She looks at me and wipes my tears away , "Yes."

I placed my right hand on top of my stomach where another life was growing.

A precious life.

A precious life which me and Pitch created...

I thought.