Rebel (Divergent Fanfic)

Rebel. Chapter 5.

"Are you sure?" Caleb asks. I shake my head. My dad is giving me conditions to stay in a faction. Caleb looks at me sadly.

"Do you need anything?" I shake my head again. He puts his hand in my shoulder and half-smile. We walk back to the room and we sit in our beds.

"What happened?". I don't know if I should tell Caleb about what my father told me.

"Do your family hates Erudite?" I ask. He nods.

"My father always told us that the Erudite are hateful, and they make a lot of bad things to people, but when I knew you, I think some aren't". I smile.

"My dad always told me that Abnegation people are selfless because they don't wanna know anything about the world, but when I knew you I think some do ask questions". We laugh and we go back to the conversation.

"How is it all in Abnegation?" I ask. He thinks and replies.

"Gray, selfless, sad, nothing more". We laugh.

"No, I meant, how do they live?". He thinks a little bit.

"Well, they can't make any contact, I mean, no hugs, no kisses. The most thing you can do is grab each others hands". I raise both eyebrows.

"Seriously?"

"Yep, and you can only watch yourself in the mirror one time in three months, because they say that looking at the mirror is being selfish".

"Oh, that explains completely your hair cut". He laughs and tries to look at his forehead. I laugh.

"There is a mirror" . He stands up and goes to see his refection in the mirror. He moves his brown long hair ( I mean kong hair, like the hair covers his forehead and it finishes in his neck ) to a side.

I watch how he moves his hair and he comes back and sit in front of me.

"What are you staring at?"

"At nothing". He smiles. I walk to a table near my bed and grab a book and look at its cover. I stare at it for a few seconds when Caleb stands next to me watching the cover to.

"It looks good" he says.

"I know, I have already read it".

"Is it good"

"Yeah, very". We keeps staring at the cover. I hand the book to him.

"Here, read it". He takes it and leaves it in a table near his bed.

"I'll read it". I smile. I watch how initiates start to get ready to sleep. Most of the time, we were in the tour, so it's late and everyone's tired. I walk to the room and change the dress to a simple pants and walk to my bed. I open a little closet next to my bed and put the dress in it. I lay in the bed watching the ceilings. It is silver with blue lights hanging there. I look to Caleb and he is sitting reading the book. Most of the initiates are already asleep. I stare at him for a few seconds and I fall asleep.

-

I woke up by the sound of something falling to the ground. Caleb is picking the book from the ground and turns to me.

"Sorry I woke you up" he whispers "But I need to show you something". I stand up quietly and walk to Caleb.

"What is it?" I whisper back.

"You'll see". He opens the door of the room and we get outside. The floor is cold with the contact of my feet. We walk through the hallway where my dad was going yesterday and Caleb turns to the left. He opens a door. We walk inside. A huge fountain is in the middle of the room. Its water spreads a little fresh wind and it makes me feel good. The floor is wet, but I don't care. I feel the fresh air moving my hair.

"Do you like it?" Says Caleb and he smiles.

"I love it!"

"You never seen this before?"

"No". I get closer to the fountain and touch the water. It is cold and it shines with the blue light above us. Caleb is staring at me. I keep watching the fountain when I where something drop into the water. It is a small, orange animal moving through the water.

"What is it?" I ask Caleb.

"It's a fish, it is an animal that lived here before the war" I smile. Its color shines in the water beautifully.

"It is incredible!" I say exited. He walks to me and watches the fish.

"I found it this morning". I smile at him.

"It is beautiful, thanks for bringing me here". He smiles.

"Let's go, we should get to the room". We walk back to the room. We start to talk of some experiments that we can do in the future. We talked until we arrive to the room. The Dauntless boy is staring at us with a funny look. We walked by his side without noticing when he grabs Caleb's arm to stop him.

"Hey Stiff, did you and your girlfriend had a great time?" Caleb frees his arm and we walk to our beds.

"You should let them, Jack". A girl from Candor tells the Dauntless boy, Jack.

I get dressed for the initiation. Jack walks to me and Caleb.

"Look at you, a Stiff and a Smart Girl passing time together" he turns to me "Is your daddy getting angry because you are hanging with the Stiff?" Jack laughs. I look at him hatefully.

"Such a beauty wasted". Caleb stands up.

"Leave her alone". Jack gets closer to Caleb.

"Or what? You are going to punch me?". Jack laughs. I stand up and grab Caleb's arm.

"Caleb". He turns to me again and we sit down. Jack laughs more. He sits next to me and kisses me in my lips. I slap him and I stand up.

"What the hell are you doing?!".

"Don't waste your time with this Stiff, waste it with me". He stands up and grabs my waist. I slap hi again.

"Leave me alone!". I try to set free but I can't. Caleb stands up and pushes him into the wall.

"I said leave her alone". Jack looks at him hatefully, but when he looks at me he whispers.

"You will come running to my arms soon or late". I sit in the bed almost passing out. Caleb sits next to me and hugs me, pressing me to him.

"It's alright". I nod. Everyone in the room is watching us.

"What are you staring at?". Everyone turns and get back to their chores. Caleb is still hugging me, and I don't want to go anywhere else.