Fake interests

It's up! It's up! The first chapter of Playing Popular In High School [Fairy Tail] is now on my profile. It's gonna be more of a novel... with okay grammar, more descriptions... I'm really excited to write it! Please check it out! And i hope you enjoy this full- on Nalu chappy!

Be warned: Not CHECKED OVER

Natsu

I rushed to Lucy as soon as Mor was defeated by Jellal and Erza. Luckily, the corridors were empty, so I didn't need to weave past anything. The scent of Lucy drew nearer as I rounded up her corridor and slammed open her door. Since couple Week was over, we left the house we lived in and returned back to the dorms we booked beforehand.

There was a rush for people to buy the houses when it went up for sale. Mira was shining with glee when loads of jewels fell into her hands. Happy had tried to persuade her to get a "Happy amusement park", where there would be statues of Happy everywhere. I thought it was a good idea, but the others were against it.

"Gahhh!" Screamed Lucy, since she was only in her towel. She quickly ran to her en suite to get fully changed. Shrugging my shoulders, I decided to go back in the kitchen to snack on something. Knowing Lucy, she'd have loads of food in her cupboards.

"Hey, Happy," I said, throwing a Hoola Hoop crisp packet in my hands. "I'm gonna ask her today."

"Aye sir!"

I gobbled up the hoola hoops, sometimes playing with it by putting it through my fingers. Lucy came down, red in the face. Though she looked like she was going to explode when she caught the 20 packets I'd opened.

"Lucy kick!" She cried out, swinging her legs onto me.

I grinned. "Not gonna work!" I caught her ankle in mid-air, eyes glinting. She stumbled backwards when I let go.

"Natsu's been training really hard," Happy reminded Lucy of the time when the guild disbanded. She rolled her eyes, jamming the empty crisp packets into the bin.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" She snapped with fury.

Happy nibbled on the center of his fish, leaving me to reply. "If you're going on a date, what do girls like?"

Lucy looked taken aback as she blinked loads. It looked as if she was feverish with that constant blinking. "Y-you're going on a date?" Her voice was surprisingly quiet as she bit her bottom lip.

"Yeah!" I said, oblivious to her feelings.

She licked her lips nervously as I started opening the next crisp packet. The crunch of the crisps in my mouth made her hair stand up straight. "Well... first of all they're probably looking for something romantic."

"Romantic? Like kissing? Yuck!" Happy yelled, standing up, though he was still tiny. "All you need is fish!"

I urged Lucy to carry on with my eyes. She continued, smiling at Happy's outburst, "Maybe you should bring her to the harbour. It's all nice and quiet. Oh, and perhaps a boat ride... although that would make you sick." She tapped her chin in deep thought, but I'd already made up my mind.

"Thanks Lucy!" I flashed her a toothy smile. "You're a great help!"

"Aye!"

I ran out of the door, barely hearing Lucy's mutters of "have fun!" However, if I was not mistaken, it sounded mournful.

We scurried outside to the harbour. It was just near evening, so everything was beginning to darken. I scanned the harbour until I saw a man with tickets. "Oi!" I yelled, getting his attention.

"We need a firework display at 7pm. It must read: "Will you be my girlfriend?" Thanks."

He looked dumbstruck when I sprinted away, our time limited for the planned evening. "Let's go, Happy! Lucy said romantic right? So we need flowers!"

"Oh, and balloons!" I shouted when that thought struck me.

"Natsu, you're getting too excited," Happy said, stating the obvious.

"Of course! It's for Luce after all!"

Before my mind could think about where I was stepping, I abruptly turned to the side and entered a flower shop. "Why do girls like these?" I asked, my nose wrinkling at the smell of flowers. Red, blue, yellow, purple... The roses looked nice. I took a closer look, deciding to buy 50 of them.

After a whole thirty minutes of dragging my feet around the shops, I decided I'd bought enough. The hundreds of balloons tied around my wrist and ankles threatened to bring me up towards the sky.

My heels couldn't feel the floor at one point. "Look Happy!" I laughed as I floated upwards.

"Ooh, I wanna try!"

I bandaged Happy all up until his body was filled with balloons. I could hardly see his face. As time dragged on, both of us were of the same level as the rooftops. "Hey, Natsu," Happy looked down. "How do we get down?"

"Wha-!" Cool air rushed to meet my skin. I blasted Happy's balloons so he could drop downwards, and soon after, my own. "We only have 3 balloons left!" I panicked.

"We don't have time to buy more! The fireworks are coming out in 5 minutes!" Happy exclaimed, reflecting my stricken face.

"We just have to forget it. C'mon, we have our last preparations," I urged. Quickening my pace, I knocked on Lucy's door, before hiding away. Happy threw down a piece of paper on her doormat. We placed the roses for Lucy to follow, before flying away to the harbour to wait for Lucy's arrival.

I stared out at the sea before turning to Happy. "What did you write on the piece of paper?"

"What you said," he grinned. "Follow the roses."

I nodded, glancing up at the sky. It was thanks to Mira for me to plan this all for Lucy.

"Natsu? Happy?" The angelic voice made me turn around with a large grin plastered on my face.

Happy flew up, leading her to grab a seat beside me. Funnily enough, I could feel her warmth radiating within her.

And then the fireworks started.

Lucy gasped as millions of fireworks replaced the stars in the sky, before forming the sentence I'd asked the man to produce. Tears filled her eyes when she read them over and over again. When all the commotion stopped, the balloons which we had accidentally let loose flew into our vision, dotting the sky with freckles.

"Wow..." Lucy breathed, giving a smile. "Thank you, Natsu!" She wrapped her arms around me, our bodies so close it felt as if the joy she had in her heart transferred into mine. "I'll be your girlfriend!"

I chuckled, "And you said you liked romance, right?" By hearing this, Happy instantly turned away. Lucy's blush was painted around her face with a bright pink.

"W-wait I don't-".

Her sentence stopped as I gently cupped her chin to face mine. She closed her eyes, her eyelashes tickling the skin around it, as our faces drew nearer together like a magnet.

When her soft lips met mine, it felt as if fireworks were exploding in me.