Only You

Ruby's POV

*

*

*

_I let him inside. As I turned to my bed, I saw the dresses floating around it. I made them float to my closet just by snapping my fingers. He looked at me amazed. I looked down and sat on my bed. Very slowly, he walked towards me and sat next to me. I didn't want to talk about us. 

"So...how do you like being Thor's adviser?" Stupid question. Might as well talk about the weather. Stupid.

 "We have become closer. I know things will never go back to how they used to be. Not after I went down to Midgard and tried to take over the world." he chuckled after saying that. 

"Do you regret it?"

"Yes I wasn't always like that. Years ago, before I found out my parentage,  I would have never done something so..." I looked at him in the eyes to let him know I understood him perfectly. 

He looked up at me. "Yes Ruby, you understand my pain. That's one of the reasons why I love you."

I looked down. "You don't love me Loki. You never did." 

Loki looked at me with an expression I couldn't read. "Of course. I loved you Ruby. I still do."

"No. I'm sure you thought you loved me. You don't...destroy the people you love Loki."

Loki stood up and kneeled right in front of me. "Ruby I love you. I adore you. You know that." 

I looked down. "Are you just saying this because I'm back? What if I have to go back to Midgard and stay there for a while? Will you still love me then?" 

He stood up and held my hands in his. "I love you. I always will." 

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "After all the things that have happened? After all this time?"

A tear rolled down his right cheek. "Always."

We spent hours together after that. We went to the gardens and Loki used magic to transform it into a meadow. As we laid on the flowers, I saw the beauty of it. 

"Loki?"

"Mmm"

"Do you think we were meant to be?" I said sitting up

He sat up as well and sat closer to me. Our foreheads touching. "We were meant to be."

I smiled and I know for sure I started blushing. "Well can you promise me something?"

"Anything my darling."

"Promise me that for as long as we're together, you will remain faithful to me."

"Love, I swear that to you. I have eyes for you. And you only."

I could only hope he meant it, because I was in love with this man.