Old Man's Prophecy

Ruby's POV

*

*

*

_I had been struggling with the chains for a while before a wild thought came to me. I would set them on fire. I tried focusing on them but nothing worked. It was then that I felt Loki's presence. He was here. If I didn't help him, he'd die. My body started shaking and golden rays shot out of my palms for the second time in my lifetime. As soon as the rays came in contact with the chains, light was created. It was bright enough to illuminate the entire room, but the brightness forced me to close my eyes. When I re-opened them, I watched as the chains that had been burning -for what felt like an eternity- had now been completely incinerated. As I got up from the floor, I felt Thor's presence as well. At least Loki had not come alone. I touched the door with both hands and as I thought of Thor, they were devoured by flames. I heard footsteps and when I looked up, 2 guards were looking at me with their mouths opened. 

"Take me to your king."

They quickly nodded, and I followed them to the throne room. There they were. The King, Thor and  Loki who had his head down. 

Thor walked up to me. "Cousin are you alright? Did they harm you?"

I simply showed him my wrists and anger spread all over his face.

"Yggdrasil" said the king "Loki...does not have the power to bring the dead back to life, and he refused to agree to our plan." 

I smirked. "I told you"

He chuckled "However, he showed me you  are the one with the power." I looked at Loki with a blank expression. The king continued, "You made the rose glow. You brought it back to life." The king walked up to me. I was still staring at Loki. He looked up at me and saw the hurt expression on my face. "You must be the one to do it Yggdrasil. It is the only way."

I gulped before speaking. "Yes, I brought it back to life" I said as I continued to stare at Loki. "But it only worked because he was holding it, and because I loved him at the moment. I can assure you that feeling no longer exists." Loki's face was paler than usual and he was sweating a lot. He started walking towards me, but stopped abruptly. His breath quickened and I watched as his body fell on the floor with a thud. "Loki! I screamed and rushed to his side. 

"Yggdrasil, you do care." said the king. Thor grabbed me by the shoulders and helped me stand up. I pushed him away. "Leave me alone! You have betrayed me as well!" I went back to Loki.

"Where is Loki?" said a deep voice. As I turned around I saw a group of men with blue skin that seemed to be made of ice. 

"Ah, king Glacius! You have arrived just in time" said King Vulcan as he walked over to the ice giants. "However, Loki is not the one with the power. Yggdrasil is." I knew he was pointing at me when he said that. King Glacius walked up to me, and looked at Loki. He then looked at King Vulcan and said "and where is the proof of this?"

"Well...so far, the only thing she was brought back to life is a dead rose."

I heard them whispering, but I was so focused on Loki and so worried about him. I touched his chest, trying to to feel a heartbeat, but it wasn't there. I stood up in horror. "He's not breathing! Somebody help him! He's not breathing!"

"Calm down girl! This is most opportune" said king Glacius as he approached me. "Bring him back."

I gasped. They were going to make me agree with their plan if I brought Loki. But if I didn't do anything, Loki would be dead ....forever. King Vulcan came next to me and whispered in my ear. "Do it. Don't let your Loki die.Do you really want to be known as the girl who let her soul mate die?"

Thor was getting angrier by the second. I could feel it. I could tell he was about to hit everyone with his hammer but I got inside his mind. 

"Thor, don't do it."

"Cousin, they deserve it."

"I agree. But not now. Not while you're alone. Go back to Asgard and bring every warrior who can come."

It took him a while, but he finally nodded. He looked up and seconds later, his body had vanished. 

I looked at the 2 kings and said "Fine. I'll do it." I touched Loki's cheek and held his left hand. I had no idea how to do this. I moved my hand from his cheek and placed it on his chest. I closed my eyes. My hands started getting hotter and instead of the golden rays that usually shot out of my hands, red ones did. His body moved by itself. It started shaking as if it were being electrocuted. I stopped and shortly after, he slowly opened his eyes. Brown eyes were staring into green ones again. I heard King Vulcan clap and as I looked at him and King Glacius, they were smirking. King Glacius took a bag with gold inside and handed it over to King Vulcan. I helped Loki stand up but I could tell he wasn't well. "Is there a place where I can take him?" 

"Yggdrasil, you still have much to do."

I closed my eyes and slowly re-opened them. "I'll do whatever you want but I need to take him to-"

"My wife is experienced in healing. Guards! Take them there." I gave him one last look before I left with the guards. They climbed two horses who looked just as disturbing as the guards themselves. I climbed one and on our way to where the queen was, I couldn't help but remember the old man's words. So far he had been right about the prophecy. But was he right about it all? Was he right? Was I going to die?