Midgard

Loki's POV

*

*

*

_I woke up the next morning, and for the first time in a long time, I had a smile on my face. I was so tired. I came to my room at midnight after Ruby and I stopped talking...and kissing. I brought her to my room so that she could sleep on a proper bed. The moment she stepped inside my room, life seemed to come in as well. It wasn't as cold anymore and now my bed is a bit warm too. Of course we did not do anything but kiss last night. I would not do something like that after just barely confessing my love to her. She was still laying next to me when I woke up. Her eyes opened slowly, and looked around as she had a confused look on her face. 

"You're in my room love" she looked at me and smiled. I kissed her. As I pulled away, her brown eyes were looking at me still, and she was pouting. I laughed and kissed her once more, pulled away shortly after, and held her in my arms. Minutes later, i could hear her softly snoring. It was an adorable sound. I got up slowly, not wanting to wake her up. she looked so beautiful. I had to force myself to stop staring at her. I had to talk to Thor. When I went to the throne room, he was not there, so I decided to go see him. In his own room. I knocked on the door and he answered shortly after. He motioned for me to go inside. I did...

"Where's Yggdrasil?....Please tell me you haven-"

"No....I would not do your cousin the dishonor. But she is in my room. Sleeping."

He looked at me for a few seconds and nodded

"I'm sending her back to Midgard in two days." 

My heart stopped. I stopped breathing. I blinked rapidly and stared at him for as long as I could.

".....why?.....why would you do such a thing?"

"her power is a bit too dangerous."

"so is yours! You're acting like thunder has never killed someone!...what happened yesterday......Thor she didn't mean to, you could see it on her face, she was just as scared as me and you were"

"Exactly! She did not mean it, and yet look what happened to the cell that no one had ever been able to destroy! Imagine what she would do to someone if she was trying to hurt them."

I looked at him speechless

"don't tell me now, that you've grown to care for her. Because I will not believe that. She loves you Loki, and I don't want her getting hurt."

"And yet you're sending her back to Midgard? How will that ever help her at all?....You would send her away just so there would be no one in Asgard more powerful than you!"

"Have care how you speak Loki! She is my cousin and I care about her. But she has to prove she is worthy of Asgard the same way I had to. And if she is as powerful as she was said to be, she should be able to achieve that in very little time. Besides, she lived in Midgard for 1,000 years, she'll be fine."

"she said she was only centuries old..."

"poor thing doesn't even know how old she is.  She's only a few years younger than you."

"you can't send her Thor."

"The decision has already been made Loki."

He started walking out of his room when he looked back at me.

"would you like to be the one to give her the news?"

I couldn't move. First he gives me the horrible news, and now he's asking me to deliver them, myself. Oh Thor, I can't be here without her.