Goddess of Mischief

Loki’s Pov

*

*

*

_I felt dead. I opened my eyes and saw nothing but darkness. I tried moving but nothing worked. Maybe I was dreaming. I decided to close my eyes again.

Ruby’s POV

_Loki had been lying on his bed for 3 days without waking up. Each minute that passed, I grew more anxious and worried.

“Any change?” Asked Thor as he walked in after knocking. I sighed and looked at Loki. he understood. “When he wakes up I’ll have a serious conversation with him.”

Thos had been very upset about Loki’s “betrayal”. I didn’t believe he betrayed me. “Please just- just nothing too harsh.”

He sighed, “Cousin I don’t want to believe it either, but how else would King Vulcan had known?” He had a point.

“I refuse to believe it.”

“I think you should start saying goodbye to him. You might not see him again for a while after he wakes up.” He left with that.

**************************Loki’s POV********************************

_I knew for sure I wasn’t dead. My brain was still functioning. I was alive, living in my own, small, perfect world. Ruby was with me. We were dancing, slowly. My left hand on her waist, my right, holding her left. Her brown hair shining in the light. Her chocolate-colored eyes looking into mine. I smiled at her but she looked at me in horror and pushed me away. I was left alone, about to follow her, when I heard mother’s voice.

“Am I not your mother?”

It was as if I was in another dimension, watching myself being cruel to her. “You’re not.”

She had tears in her eyes as the scene before me disappeared along with her, and out of nowhere, Odin was sitting on his throne again.

“Wherever you go, there is war, ruin, and death.”

“What did I do father? What have I done?” I tried running towards Odin, but my legs would not move. Odin closed his eyes and vanished. I was in the darkness again until I saw a red cape.

“Brother..”

I looked in every direction in a desperate attempt to find him.

“We were raised together...do you remember none of that?”

A mere whisper left my lips. “Yes.” He smiled a sad smile and disappeared once again.

“Loki.” I heard Ruby’s voice, but it sounded different than the others. It was louder, clearer. I felt as if someone was pulling me. Bringing me back to reality.

“Loki I am so worried.” She sounded like she was right next to me.

********************Ruby’s POV*****************************

_“I fear that you will never wake up. That I will never look into your eyes again. Please wake up. Come back to me.” I sighed. What if he never woke up? When we came back to Asgard, the healers said that his heart stopped, but somehow he was still breathing. I knew it was my fault. “I’m sorry I said that at the Fire Palace. My feelings are still here...I love you okay? You need to know that. I love you so much...I didn’t mean what I said. I need you Loki...Come back” After I had said those words, I stared at his face for a few seconds and saw a smile forming. “You’re awake?!”

He opened his eyes and looked at me while smiling. “Now, why would you want to waste such beautiful words on a sleeping man?”

I had tears in my eyes and hugged his as tight as I could. I heard him chuckling a bit. “It’s alright my love. I’m here.”