Thunder In Muspelheim

Ruby's POV

*

*

*

_ "I sent you here to receive help with your lover. Not to murder my queen!" I stood there speechless just staring at him with my mouth slightly opened. 

"King Vulcan-" Glacius called after him as he walked in and his eyes traveled to the floor where Claerwen lied, dead. Vulcan walked up to me. "Who started this fateful fight?" His lip was trembling a bit. I looked down. "She did. Glacius snorted. "Of course she did." He kneeled down next to her corpse. "I knew all her hate and desire to be immortal would kill her one day. Her father and I used to talk about it. He knew it as well." He took her hand and her body turned blue once again. This time, it remained that way. He sighed and stood up. I was about to say something to him -I just killed her niece a few minutes ago, I had to say something- but I felt a blade right on my throat. If I moved a bare centimeter towards it, my throat would be cut in that fraction of a second. 

"You will pay for this." I felt his hot breath on my neck. King Glacius grabbed his shoulders and tried to pull him off of me, but as his frozen body touched Vulcan's fiery one, they both jumped and groaned in pain. I was finally free from King Vulcan and I took the other dagger on the floor. The one that was still in Claerwen's hand. "Listen!" I took a deep breath. "She tried to kill me for no reason! Forgive me but it was either her or me."

King Glacius looked down. "Forgive you? I will never forgive you! Not after you killed my queen. My wife. My love.....and you" he said as he walked towards me, "you won't be able to forgive yourself either. Not after you have caused so many deaths. Not after your dagger has sanguine fluid on it."  I swallowed hard and as he threw my dagger on the floor, I threw away the one in my hand as well."This is the only time someone has died by my hands"

Vulcan smiled in the most cynical way possible. "It's not the only death you've caused and you know it...Who is to blame for your parents' sacrifice? What about King Odin and Queen Frigga? Who is to blame?...I'll give you a hint...it's you. All those deaths, all those sacrifices were for you. And they will forever be in your conscience." He pointed at his wife's corpse. "And now you'll have a new addition to your list." 

Glacius came in between Vulcan and I. "That is enough. The girl has been through enough. We will leave. Forget about the plan. You are no longer in debt with us." He turned to me. "Go home Yggdrasil." He walked away and left with the rest of the Frost Giants. 

"I was serious before, Yggdrasil. You will pay for this." 

Before he continue intimidating me, we both heard thunder. I smiled. "Thor"  

"Thor is not coming to save you princess. Not after he fleed like a whipped dog." He could say whatever he wanted. In my heart, I knew it was Thor. Besides, we're in freaking Muspelheim, where would thunder come from? It was Thor. I was sure of it. His hammer hit King Vulcan on the chest and sent him flying. He was back in seconds. 

"You dare attack me? Oh mighty Thor?"  Thor was definitely as angry as I had ever seen him. "Ha! Your're no match for my army." Thor smiled "Oh you mean the one being slaughtered my mine?"  King Vulcan's smile faded. He looked at me and ran towards me. I felt his hand around my neck and it was burning my skin. 

"Let her go." Vulcan was not intimidated by Thor's words and kept his hand where it was. "I will kill her. I will destroy the only family you have left. I will end her." 

I managed to touch his hand and blue rays shot out freezing his hand, turning it white. He groaned and as the color spread all over his body, he looked at his arms in horror. I took advantage and freed myself from his grasp. In seconds, Thor threw his hammer at King Vulcan , whose body exploded in tiny, minuscule pieces. As the pieces fell on the floor, they mixed together and became lava. I didn't know what to do. Thor saw Claerwen's corpse and put a hand on my shoulder. "I did it...I- I had to."

"It's okay. You're safe now cousin." he said as he hugged me. "How's Loki?"

My eyes widened. 

Loki

"He's been unconscious this entire time."

Thor walked over to him and looked at me. "Help me get him up."

"Why? Where are we taking him?"

He smirked. "Cousin we're going home."

I smiled at him and helped him with Loki. I then looked up. "Heimdall when you're ready."