The Eyes Are Blind

Loki's POV

*

*

*

_I walked back to my room slowly as I possibly could. I made myself think that if I slowed down, time would as well, then again at the time I wasn't thinking right. how could I? when I was about to tell the woman I love that she was to leave what was now her  home. she had to leave me. soon enough I found myself right outside my room. I stood there for a few seconds, staring at my door. I didn't want to waste anymore time. Every minute I'm not with her is time I might not get back. I opened the door slowly and found her sitting on the edge of the bed with her back to me "what is it?" "

what?" "

I can feel that you're tense, something troubles you, what is it?"

I just went and  sat next to her.

"is it me?" She asked as she turned to me. 

"Yes" I whispered. 

"What did I do?" Her innocent eyes looked up at me.

"It's not what you did, my love" I said looking down, not wanting to look into her eyes. "It's what you have to do."

After telling her that she had to leave, we spent hours laying on my bed in each other's arms, comforting each other. She did not want to leave, and I did not want to lose her. Days later, I was eating, sitting next to her, when Thor decided to speak.

"Cousin, I am confident that you will return and will be back here soon."

Ruby just looked at him, "I, on the contrary, am not so confident. I don't know if if I'll ever be back." Her voice was low but everyone at the table heard it. Before anything else was said, I stood up and excused myself. They all watched me as I went to the gardens. Ruby joined me in  less than a minute. She sat next to me and held my hand. "Don't hate him", she said. "I have betrayed him numerous times but, his betrayal counts twice as much. "This is all happening for a reason. He knows what he's doing." I looked at her astonished. I let go of her hand. "How can you not be affected?"

She said nothing.

"I have looked for someone like you, for as long as I can remember" I said as I took a rose from the garden. "Every woman I ever met, just made me feel even more alone." The rose turned dead. I stared at it in my hands. She finally spoke. 

"I guess you're like the gardeners here."

I was so confused. Had she really compared me to the ones in charge of making the garden look nice? She saw the confusion on my face and continued,

"The gardeners, they plant thousands of roses trying to find the perfect one"

"yes"

"yet, the perfection they seek can be found in a single rose with love and a bit of water"

she took the withered rose from my hands and held it.

"That's- That's right...Of course" I said. She smiled at me and closed her eyes.

"But my love, the eyes are blind. If you truly want to see something, you must look with the heart.'

I watched in amazement as the rose came back to life in her hands. She opened her eyes and gave it back to me.

"I will do all I can to return. I hope  that you still love me when I do."

"Of course darling" 

I kept the rose. It didn't take long for me to notice that whenever she was trying to communicate with me, the rose would glow. That was the beauty of her power. Why couldn't Thor understand that it really is her. Yggdrasil. And that she belongs here just as much as he does. My lovely Ruby, alone in Midgard. And me, alone here wishing I could kiss her and hold her and save her from every bad thing that could ever happen. My love. The one woman I have ever loved, now had to go away, and there was nothing I could do about it. 

A week passed and she was leaving tomorrow. We could not sleep. My room was filled with silence. A comfortable silence. The kind of silence that allows you to feel free and comfortable with your partner. She knew I loved her. That seemed to be all she needed to know. But I could tell that she was still not completely sure this was a good idea. We stayed silent the rest of the night and the day seemed to come earlier that usual. I could not do this.